Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge errors / profile change

wshaw31
Grafter

Re: Huge errors / profile change

Just for a wee update,

must have switched to stable profile today.

Currently forced to adsl2 (from 2+), interleaving back on and am getting no crc or errored seconds whatsoever , totally disappeared 😊
Sitting at 9 snr but I’m sure that will decrease again in time as errors seem to be sorted now , even it stays at nine I’m happy sacrificing the bit of speed for a nice stable line 👍
Will keep an eye over the next week or so, but all looking good so far , thanks to all involved 👍
wshaw31
Grafter

Dlm reduced snr this morning to 7.5 and increased sync speed, so all heading in right direction 😊
If one of the mods want to run a check and are happy with MTBE etc I can close this thread off 😊

Cheers
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

And I'm back. Cheers for the updates @wshaw31 

I'm glad to see the move to the stable config has made your line more stable and reduced the errors.

The MTBE's increased to 864 so definitely an improvement. The target SNRM is actually at 6dB now, but the actual margin as you've said is sitting at 7.3, hopefully this will decrease with time while keeping your line stable. 

I've added a copy of the test results to the ticket 215735467 and I'll include them below too:

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: [redacted] Service ID: [redacted]
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 05-07-2021 15:25:45
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 35.0 55.5
SNR Margin: 21.0 7.3
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 0 0
Speed: 446 3264

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2272
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 864
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wshaw31
Grafter

Cheers Gandalf, much appreciated 😊

I assume the line would be in amber status now and out of the red ?

I think I can close this thread off here now, if any problems decide to show up I can reply via the open ticket 😊

Thanks very much for everyone’s help 😀
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, no problem at all @wshaw31 

Yep, the line's in amber status now. This thread will actually stay open for around a year or so when it'll auto-lock. 

Feel free to post back or create a new thread if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wshaw31
Grafter

Hi Gandalf

I was wondering if you had the time could you lift a banding on the line?

Had a huge noise spike a couple of days ago which sent sent snr way up and sync away down 😩

Three open reach vans been working not too far away so most likely the cause of it.

Line has recovered well will dlm doing its thing , no errors again and snr working it’s way back down (4500 attainable 👍) , just the line seems to have banded itself to a 2272 sync regardless of snr working back down.

Was just wondering when you have the time could you have a nosey and lift it . Cheers 👍
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @whsaw31,

Thanks for getting back in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've experienced further issues with the connection. I've read through this thread and had a look at the connection history over the last few days and I can see there have been a fair few drops, to the point that I think it may be worth considering an engineer visit to investigate further. Before we do that, did anything change in the property or around the local area at the same time you noticed the noise spike? If something is triggering this then it's probable that this will only recur until the root cause of the issue has been resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
wshaw31
Grafter

Thanks for the response .

Nothing has changed that I can think of to be honest. There are quite a few properties being built around here, also line passes chicken houses which would have fluorescent lights in them. Also wind turbines close by as well, the lines very long so bit of a needle in a haystack 😂
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this @wshaw31. As you say, there's a lot to take into consideration there. After speaking to a colleague about this case, we've concluded the best thing to do for now would be to lift the banding and see how the line performs. Over the coming days, please try not to reboot or turn off your router if possible and let us know how the connection performs. If it does start to drop out again then I believe the next thing to do would be to arrange an engineer visit to progress our investigation further along. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused up to this stage.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
wshaw31
Grafter

That’s for the feedback, that’s no bother at all.
I was surprised it had banded down, the last few days had been seeing spikes / restarts, but before that had been great for days.

I’m going to run dsl stats on the pc to monitor the connection , should get an idea of what time the error spikes are coming causing the issue, might be able to figure out what’s causing them 👍
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Which router?

If it’s compatible might be worth running routerstats 24x7 - see link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wshaw31
Grafter

Hi all,

Been monitoring for a week now and very strange. The drops/sudden errors are not accompanied by a sudden noise burst.
Has been less resyncs, which is a positive.
The line will be virtually error free for maybe 24 hrs, if lucky 48, then out of nowhere the CFC and ES will go mad again.
It was error free, steady as a rock for a day and a half there, then the errors come flooding in again and eventually Dlm has a fit.
It is very strange, the weather has been excellent so ruling out water ingress, perfectly calm as well so less chance of the line rubbing a tree somewhere.
Have actually been on holiday last few days , with everything in the house turned off, so can assume it’s no interference in the property.
Have had bother from the off unfortunately , every time it seems sorted it [-Censored-]s up again , despite staffs excellent efforts 😊👍
If plusnet where happy enough to terminate my services with no charges, I’m happy to do that as have other options (WiMAX/4g broadband), I’m only on a short contract so would save everybody time/money and hassle.
If you would rather investigate further, that’s no problem either, you can let me know how you want to proceed 😊
However on a line my length and age, could be a bit of a nightmare 😂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey, sorry to see you're still having issues with your connection Sad

Definitely an odd issue and there may very well be not much anybody can do due to how long the line is, and I'm happy to look at waiving termination fees, but I'd like to arrange an engineer appointment though to take a closer look first.

Could you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net adding your availability for a visit in the notes box at the end? (Engineer availability are weekdays and occasionally Saturday's 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm)

If you can post back afterwards, I'll be happy to book the engineer visit for you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wshaw31
Grafter

Cheers Gandalf 😊

To be honest, the hassle it’s been thus far, I’d really rather just terminate and weaver the fees if that’s possible , getting the engineer out will just be dragging the thing on like whipping a dead horse and be costing you guys money 😂
If it’s necessary that’s fine, let me know and I’ll open the fault , I’d prefer just to terminate though if possible 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, though I'm afraid we'd have to go through a fault investigation before we can look at saying there's nothing we can do to fix. Feel free to let me know when you've raised the fault and I'll take a look. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet