cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One resetting itself several times a day

thamuhacha

Hub One resetting itself several times a day

Randomly cuts out and reboots itself. It's getting unusable.

I can see this has been a topic for a few people over time - and you seem to be able to look at their logs remotely. 

Let me know if that is possible - or if I need to upload anything here.

Thanks in advance, Nick

3 REPLIES 3
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Hub One resetting itself several times a day

Hi @thamuhacha ,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums.

On running diagnostics, we're detecting an issue with the line and so we'd like to ask you to run through some checks, before we progress the issue for further action.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here.

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the face plate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause.How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault and potentially getting an engineer out to investigate further.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and soon as I pick up your response, I'll proceed with any further actions we need to take.

thamuhacha

Hi Owen

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, I can't access a "test" or "master" socket - we are in a rented flat on the first floor of a block. There is only one phone socket and I can't take it off the wall.

Since we moved in back in February, and signed to Plusnet, the router has occasionally rebooted itself. But we are talking once or twice a week. Last night it was 8 times in 3 hours - so something appears to have got worse.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @thamuhacha,

I've updated the ticket on your account, if you could respond to it for me and let me know once you have and I'll progress the fault.