cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One keeps losing connection: PTM over DSL down, and PPP LCP Terminations

hughespc

Hub One keeps losing connection: PTM over DSL down, and PPP LCP Terminations

My router keeps dropping the internet,  openreached replaced master box, checked and said all is ok,   however continues to drop connection frequently.

Snipet of logs

10:40:26, 12 Jan.(349880.190000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

10:40:30, 12 Jan.(349884.000000) PPPoE is down after 1356 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN Ethernet 7 -​ Down)]

10:40:30, 12 Jan.(349884.010000) PTM over DSL is down after 1357 minutes uptime

3 REPLIES 3
hughespc

Re: Hub One keeps losing connection: PTM over DSL down, and PPP LCP Terminations

Nothing from customer care on phone, Twitter or here!!!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Hub One keeps losing connection: PTM over DSL down, and PPP LCP Terminations

Thanks for your post @hughespc and apologies for the delayed response.

It appears that my colleague in the faults team accidentally put your ticket on hold for a month instead of a few days which is why you haven't heard back from them regarding this.

From what we can see the connection was dropping but appears to have stabilised at the moment as shown below and our tests aren't showing any faults at this moment in time

We'll continue to monitor this for further drops and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hughespc

Thank you

Having had problem for 12 months plus, appears problem was the plusnet router.  Replaced with a BT smart Hub 2 and fingers crossed connection remained stable.