cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware update request

rpaco
Grafter

Re: Hub One firmware update request

Ok have configured the new modem.  Please can you do a line reset or sync level reset now.

Many thanks

rpaco
Grafter

Did Samantha Millar read the above before saying the line was still dropping and booking the engineer?Huh

I have now configured and connected the BT hub 6. I started at  around 17:45 today. So I disconnected the hub one manually. During the initial connection then the BT hub6 chucked a wobbly when it found it was not connected to a BT DSL account, so disconnected again before finally connecting to Plusnet (f9.co.uk).

Still waiting for the Sync cap reset, any time soon as you like please, only then can we establish if the new modem is the solution.

Samantha appears to have jumped the gun here!

rpaco
Grafter

Just in case there was anyone in the help centre awake, I am now going to do a soft reset of the BT hub6.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @rpaco,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have responded to your query here, this should be left to the engineer to determine during the tests that will be run through on checking the line.

Thanks - LF

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @rpaco,

I have reviewed your connection and have updated the ticket further addressing your concerns.

Please let me know here once you have review it and had time to respond.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
rpaco
Grafter

So you have completely undermined the plan to test if the modem was the cause leaving me still with a slower than  0.5Mbps service. on a 10.41Mbps DSL line.

Pathetic!

I am most unhappy with the inconsistency and lack of logic in your approach.

You do not read previous posts (where it was agreed to test the new modem before calling the engineer for a third visit)  you deliberately ignore customer information. (where I referred you to Oscar P who agree that testing with a new modem  was the logical step)

Instead when the engineer get here it will be to see a new untested modem proving nothing! The last engineer to visit strongly suggested that your modems last only between 6 months an a year. Hence my buying a new one. It is impssible to test without a reasonable sync speed. 

If I leave Plusnet after 20 plus years it it will be your department's inability to do its job that is the triggering factor.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @rpaco,

I am sorry to hear we have made you feel this way and can assure you we would only recommend steps we feel would narrow down or resolve the issue. Upon checking the connection at our side the speed is showing at 10Mbps and there are no external faults showing at our side. Now this does not mean that there isn't one and at this point we would look at an engineer to attend to the fault.

You have advised that you were trying a new router from Monday and have kindly supplied us with a time this was in place after we had booked the appoint. From that point I can see that the speed is showing 10Mbps and there has been 1 drop since. We cannot reset your speed as it looks fine from us to the router and is a throughput issue.

We can cancel the appointment and see if the speed picks up and if not rebook an appointment, or we can allow the appointment to go ahead and determine where the issue lies as if the speed is low with the new router this would rule out hardware as the cause.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 17.6 31.5
SNR Margin: 6.3 6.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 2956 2652
Speed: 1117 10482

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 11360 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 9088
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 5082
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 28800
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED:   MTBE_RED:  
MTBR_GREEN:   MTBE_GREEN:
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
rpaco
Grafter

Yes as i have mentioned several times the DSL speed indicated by the modem is 10.4Mbps downstream. 

The sync speed is 0.5Mbps downstream.

Your Automatic line management only appears to restrict speed not raise it. Thus I do not expect to see any speed improvement unless you reset it as I have requested several times.

The router is fine on both LAN and Wifi and I have no problem with wifi speed. I can connect to my mobile hotspot and get around 8Mbps, however I am paying 1p per Mb for this. 

This is a new BT Hub6 I am now using to eliminate my modem as the cause.

I will see what the engineer has to say on Friday, though i very much doubt he will find anything wrong with the line.

I am going to try changing my password, so there will be a further disconnection while that happens. I will also need to re-boot the modem. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @rpaco, I have updated your fault ticket and as advised previously I cannot reset the line management from this side as the speed is looking fine from our side. The issue is throughput and therefore it require an engineer to determine the cause and carry out any changes/ actions to resolve this. We will be back in touch on Friday after the visit.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
rpaco
Grafter

Now changing DSL connection cable so will disconnect again. BTW I am in the BT/OR test socket..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@rpaco I've just had a read through and I'd just like to note that your router is in sync at 10mbps as per the above test results. Your line is also not banded as the SNRM is at 6dB and 10482 isn't a banded speed so you wouldn't benefit from a DLM reset. Where about are you seeing the 0.5mbps as I suspect this is the throughput?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rpaco
Grafter

@Gandalf See attached

Note this is with brand new BT modem plugged into test socket.

I have changed cables, power supply, wall plug socket.

Tested speed also on other devices ie phone and other netbook with normal laptop disconnected.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for confirming @rpaco

Let's see how this looks following the engineer visit on Friday.

Best wishes

Dave

rpaco
Grafter

Very good engineer (Mark) visited yesterday, checked inside, then outside wall box, up pole outside as well,. He found high resistance in copper line test, moved my line to different wire between cabinet and exchange, also did lift and shift inside exchange, so hopefully this will solve the frequent drops. However when he left and I had to go to the doctor's, we were still waiting for a complete reset on the 1ine. (which apparently is a queued request which can take hours)

We still do not know if this happened, or not.

He was happy that my equipment was working ok, the brand new BT router showed the same results as all my other three modems in throughput. He tested both my new BT modem an the Plunet Hub one. with identical results.

He used his laptop to monitor speeds directly connected via his sim card and special OR software.

With a DSL line speed of 10.54Mbps today I still have the same throughput speed of only 0.5Mbps, which the engineer verified on his own equipment connecting to my network. He said throughput was in the hands of Plusnet not OR.

I had to disconnect my DSL line this morning  in order to go revert back to the faceplate socket connection, having been in the test socket for several days.  Currently using BT Smart hub 6 Type A.

I am now waiting for Plusnet to reset their line control speed.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @rpaco

Glad to hear that the engineer visit went well.

I've just reset your line profile manually so this should be back to where we'd expect within 24 hours.

Best wishes

Dave