cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware update request

IB

Hub One firmware update request

My hub is showing Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 06/08/17, is there a later version available and if so can you push it to my router please.

68 REPLIES 68
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Hub One firmware update request

Hi @IB,

We can move you onto the latest firmware version but we've not currently got any Hub One details attached to your account in order for us to push this through.

Please can you send me a private message with your router's serial number and the first six characters of the MAC address? These can both be found on the underside of the router. Please add another comment on this thread after you've sent the PM so that we can ensure that this is picked back up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
IB

Hi @EmilyD 

I have PM'd you the details requested.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @IB,

Thank you for sending those details over, I've added these to the router component on your account now and you should automatically move onto the newest firmware version within the next 48-72 hours. If it hasn't moved over after this time, please reboot your router and let us know if you're still on the old firmware version after it reconnects.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rpaco
Grafter

I have a frequent DSL dropout problem. I have read in other threads that a software update on the Hub one "can" cure this.

I bought a second hand Hub One with the same firmware version as Newbie and did a factory reset (twice now) but am puzzled by the official instructions that do not include inputting ones Broadband username and password. The modem connects to DSL with the default setup@plusnet user. If one then goes to settings> broad band it says you are already connected to the internet (you are not) you need do nothing more, whereas it doea not connect to teh internet until one overwrite the default user/pwd with one's own.   Now I suspect that the the auto config is based upon a plusnet only account whereas I am on Force9.  

I note several CWMP/TR069 (or TR69) failures "cannot resolve host"  So in this condition is is possible to push the software update to  me please.

There is an outstanding open question 192779735 on my problem. I do not think a repeat engineer visit is the answer, thus hopes the software update may be!

I would include the modem log but can only show a screenshot, there does not appear to  be a way of downloading or saving it on the HubOne.

rpaco
Grafter

I will move this to a new question in the thread.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @rpaco, we'd be more than happy to assist in getting your router on the lastest firmware, though there is the possibility it won't resolve your issue it's at least worth giving it a try.

We'll first need to get the router added onto your account... can you please reply on the ticket thread with the routers serial number and the first 6 characters of the MAC address please? If you let us know once done we'll get it added on the account. Once done, you should be able to factory reset the router and it push the update.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rpaco
Grafter

Ok thanks will do that in a min.

rpaco
Grafter

Done

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks @rpaco, I've added the details of the router for you. Can you please factory reset the router and let us know how you get on, it may take 24 hours for the firmware to update.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rpaco
Grafter

Ok thanks, but I ask again about the procedure after the reset. Do I input my username and pwd then or not?

The instructions on the modem itself say "You are already connected to the internet you need don nothing more" this is on clicking the settings button.  (before you go to advanced settings)  ie does the modem need to be in default mode for the firmware update or can it work if I input my user/pwd?

Please advise

Many thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @rpaco 

if the u/n is anything other than your Plusnet account u/n then please change it to this (followed by @plusdsl.net). 

Your password should also be your account password to allow authentication. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

rpaco
Grafter

Regret that does not work!! Will not connect.

As I told you I am on Force9 NOT Plusnet thus my Force9 pwd does not work on xxxxx@plusdsl.net (Does no one there ever read anything?)

Is there a @Force9dsl.net server which I can reach for firmware update? My normal login is xxxxxxx@f9.co.uk

OR can you issue a temp pwd for the @plusdsl.net server?Huh

Or should I just give up?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

, have you factory reset the router as per Lauren's instruction?
Insert something into the pinhole at the back until the status light flashes green. Allow it 5 mins or so to come back up and you should find it auto-configures with your (force9) credentials.
The firmware update will follow over subsequent days.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rpaco
Grafter

Yes of course I have factory reset it several times trying to follow MOR's instruction to change the user to xxx@plusdsl.net

So the instruction from Master of Reality was incorrect!

Yes it does re-boot with my f9 login as a pre-set.  (I was trying to change this as instructed)

I was previously told up to 24 hours, now its several days!

The line speed is so low now (under 3Mbps download) that I suppose it will take days to upload the update, providing the dsl does not drop out again.