cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will my IP profile change?

spader
Grafter

Re: How will my IP profile change?

Did a speedcheck and got the same results as yesterday, but then on the BT further diagnostics I could see my IP profile had gone up to 19.3Mb. Logged into the router and disconnected / connected to the internet - now I'm getting the 19Mb Cheesy
Thanks for all the helpful advice chaps  Wink
When I get back from my holidays I might have a play around with the openreach modem + netgear router combo. Think that might get my upstream to 1.5Mb? (I see some Thomson's only get 1Mb max upstream, though that might just be ADSL and not 2+). My line attenuation reads even lower up than it does down!
Never thought I'd see such a good result from copper broadband - well chuffed.
avatastic
Grafter

1.5Mbps upstream is only possible on Annex-M, which is only an option on Plusnet's business packages I'm afraid.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You won't get 1.5Mb up - the best you can hope for is around .850 - .950, unless you go to Annex M, which will a) use some of your downstream bandwidth and b) cost you more.
spader
Grafter

Ah I see. Is that the same thing I saw in the telnet options (and can therefore now safely ignore)?
It's been a while since I had a connection I didn't have to share - looking forward to some lag free fragging sessions on the old counter strike  Tongue
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can safely ignore that in telnet (sorry for the much delayed response!).
I've got to say that spotting the modulation was very good from ejs, it probably would have escaped my attention at first glance!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.