cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if you're really on an ADSL2+ enabled line ?

rgschofield
Dabbler

Re: How to tell if you're really on an ADSL2+ enabled line ?

@Mand, Many thanks once more. I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

No problem. Smiley
colbrad
Grafter

hi mand
thanks for looking into this for me.
my speeds were back up to 6.3 earlier today without changing anything at this end... and your changes have boosted it up to 8.5
Restarted the router, now synced at 11,043, still some to go to the speed initially told I would get here, so please feel free to tweak further Wink
Mand
Grafter

That sync speed is not quite enough to get a 10Mb profile (you'd need it to be upwards of 11360).
colbrad
Grafter

initially I had a download speed of 11499 (see earlier up the thread), having done numerous router restarts in the last hour I'm not getting anything above 10,895, is there anything that can be done at your end to nudge it up, gentle persuasion with a sledge hammer perhaps  Undecided
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi colbrad,
As things stand there's not really much else we can do to tweak the profile as things stand, the trend seems to be that later in the day leads to lower speeds on resyncs so you might be better doing these between 10am and 3pm - if the connection remains stable at that speed you'll be on a winner.
colbrad
Grafter

hi matt
thanks for the tip, I'll try and resync tomorrow morning and take it from there.
rgschofield
Dabbler

So, a small improvement (~1 Mbps). A bit less than I was hoping for with an IP profile of 14,000 but I'll try again outside of the peak evening period.
adinther

Hi there. I've been reading through this thread and just wondered if I could query something -
I'd recently been upgraded to ADSL2+, but was getting poor speeds of around 3552 kpbs for upload, when I'd been used to as much as 6500. But it seemed to be stuck at 3552 kpbs. It turned out that my router wasn't compatible with ADSL2+, and so Plusnet promptly shipped me a Thomson Gateway TG585 v7. I've been using it for the past 3 days with a 444 upload and 3,071 download speed. This evening I conducted a Bt speedtest and got the following results...
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2076 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1000-99999 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3070 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 444 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 15000 Kbps
150000 Kbps for my profile is the highest I've ever seen, so I'm assuming the router is working fine with ADSL2+. I remember reading a post saying that a re-sync would be necessary. So I disconnected from the internet (I didn't 'reboot' the router) via my Thomson Gateway page. And retested 1 hour later to find these results...
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2167 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3070 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 444 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
Are these results a consequence of me re-syncing my router when I shouldn't have? Or do I need to wait for my profile to catch up? Or do I indeed need to 'reboot' my router?
colbrad
Grafter

hi mand
if you get a mo, could you tweak a little further as i now have a sync speed of 11463
thanks
ncd
Grafter

Hi - apologies for the radio silence, I'm still sitting on G.DMT it appears, ie. ADSL1 Sad
Channel: INTR, Upstream rate = 448 Kbps, Downstream rate = 8128 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode:                  G.DMT
Channel:                Interleave
Trellis:                ON
Line Status:            No Defect
Training Status:        Showtime
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):      16.6            28.0
Attn(dB):      20.0            13.5
Pwr(dBm):      19.8            12.3
Max(Kbps):      11840          1304
Rate (Kbps):    8128            448

When I check on the BT speed checker I think I'm limited to a certain sync speed? Does this sound about right?
How do I get this reset and ideally connect with ADSL2+ which I should be on?
Username is:ncdean if that helps!
Cheers,
N
Riscy
Dabbler

More bandwagon jumping, if I may  Smiley
I have the same problem as everybody else in this thread: unable to connect using ADSL2+
My exchange is 21CN, I've bought a new ADSL2+ router, and upgraded to Plusnet Premium.
Can a helpful Plusnet bod fix this? The first ticket response sent apologies that I had mistakenly been left on ADSL1, and then said I would be migrated to ADSL2+; but still no joy. Subsequent ticket responses have suggested I check with neighbours to see if they can get ADSL2+..!
Just PM me if you need my Plusnet username.
Thanks in advance...
Andrew
maxm4xww
Grafter

Hi,
Can someone have a look at my account please? I had an email about about my exchange being upgraded but I dont know if this has happened or not.
Can someone push me over to 2/2+ when possible please?
Thanks