Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leave Plusnet?

aeroalfie
Grafter

How to leave Plusnet?

Hello,
i Decided  would like to leave PlusNet and move our broadband to another provider.
I got a couple of questions if any one could possibly answer:
1.when i signed up with PlusNet it was with deferred activation fees and free modem - i understand this cost counts down the amount of time we've been with plusnet, how do i find out how much is still owed?
2. How do  i go about giving a months notice - my billing date is the 29th, do i have to give the notice so it coincides with the billing date, or can the months notice be given any time (but only charged for 1 month) - i don't want to give a months notice  in between billing dates and be charged for 2 months use.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: How to leave Plusnet?

Hi there,
You wouldn't actually have any cancellation payments to make outside of your 30 day notice period.  It doesn't matter when you cancel either.
Having said that, can I ask why you are looking to cancel and if there is anything that we can do to tempt you to stay?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, shame you're leaving. Is there anything we've done wrong, or anything we could look at to entice you to stay? Please let us know.
To answer your questions:
1. This was written off after you had been with us for 12 months, so there won't be any deferred costs.
2. Raising a cancellation ticket starts the 30 day notice period, so you're better off advising just before a billing date - if you cancelled now you'd still need to pay your next bill on the 29th. Having said that you should get a pro rata refund from the date the cancellation (or migration, if you're requesting a MAC key) takes effect to the date you've paid up to.
Hope that helps, as per the above please do let us know if there's anything we can do to keep your custom.
aeroalfie
Grafter

hello Jameseh & orbrey
thanks for the replies -  PlusNet haven't done anything wrong it's just  i have Sky TV and can now get broadband for free or £5 a month through SKY so thought i would give it a try. Smiley
Thanks.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

For the love of God don't do it!!! hehe. Seriously though, if my experiences are anything to go by, I'd seriously suggest not doing it. Fair enough it works out cheaper, but it cost me around £40 in phonecalls for the first (and only) month of being connected with them due to faults they didn't have a clue how to sort (the majority of my time was spent correcting the call centre staff on what the problem is and the possible solutions - turning the router off and back on wasn't one of them in my books)
pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: aeroalfie
hello Jameseh & orbrey
thanks for the replies -  PlusNet haven't done anything wrong it's just  i have Sky TV and can now get broadband for free or £5 a month through SKY so thought i would give it a try. Smiley
Thanks.

I've been there and done that - you get what you pay for and sky's connect or mid package is cheap and nasty - with premium rate support, thats when you dont get indian people which is almost every time
I'd steer clear as mike says, it really is a terrible service. i never got to use all my 40GB cap, mainly due to the fact my service was very poor