cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get out of this awful service !

cummings1975

How to get out of this awful service !

Please help ! I joined Plusnet thinking I was going to a UK based company, loved that I was joining 'the little guy' so to speak. Initially the broadband was slow...we were told it takes time to 'settle down' so we waited...and waited...and waited. No improvement. So we got sold the fibre...same things...it takes 'time to bed in'...so we waited and waited...still awful ! The speed coming into the house is great (I presume that's BT providing that bit !) but as soon as it reaches the router, different story. The internet is at best 'intermittent'. Constantly dropping on ALL our devices. There is also an intermittent crackling on the phone line. It's driving me nuts ! I am sick of being fobbed off. After reading online I can see I am not alone. I never had these issues with BT, Virgin, or Sky. Really wish I'd stayed with a provider who actually kept their side of the contract ! At present I have tried calling (only to be placed on hold for ages then get cut off !!!) and emailing (which simply comes back with an 'error' message !) How the hell do you get hold of someone at this company ? I want out of this contract now. Totally sick to the back teeth of being ripped off and taken for a mug. Advice anyone ?
jim:red All caps in title changed as per this Forum Rule mod:end
9 REPLIES 9
AndyH
Grafter

Re: HOW TO GET OUT OF THIS AWFUL SERVICE !

If you have a fault on your phone line, it doesn't matter which provider you go to (unless Virgin Media) as the problem won't go away unless it's fixed.
Who is your telephone provider?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: HOW TO GET OUT OF THIS AWFUL SERVICE !

This "bedding in" thing is rubbish, if anything you will start fast and get slower.  But you have a fault on your telephone line that will adversely affect the broadband as well as your telephone calls.  You need to get it fixed.  Switching to anoteher ISP won't help (unless you have the option of Virgin cable).
Edit:  Oops, AndyH beat me to it
cummings1975

Re: How to get out of this awful service !

Hi I'm with plusnet for phone and broadband.
cummings1975

So how on earth do I contact them to report a fault on my line when they don't answer the phone or reply to emails ?
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

you need to raise a fault ticket for your crackling line.
that is what is affecting your broadband services.
http://faults.plus.net
AndyH
Grafter

If you remove the front plate of your master socket, plug in a phone and dial 17070 and Option 2 (BT Quiet Line Test) - do you still hear crackling? This is just to rule out any potential internal wiring issues.
One of the Plusnet DCT should be able to post your FTTC line stats to see the number of retrains/errors.
cummings1975

Oooo will try all that now. Thanks !
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regarding a fault - crackling line is a phone fault and should be raised here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22965&wizard_id=38
This will take precedence over a broadband fault which is what is raised using the link posted earlier
picbits
Rising Star

Bear with PN to get this sorted. They are reliant on BT Openreach to get this sorted (as are most other ISP's) so hiccups can happen but they are pretty friendly and honest and with a bit of luck you'll get this all sorted and have a happy time with us Smiley