cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a fault fixed

AngrySarah
Hooked

How to get a fault fixed

Does anyone know how to actually get plusnet to fix a line fault?
My service with plusnet started 17/1 and promptly stopped 18/1 and I have been without phone or broadband for the last 8 days. So far I have paid a months subscription for a couple of hours of service. I have phoned plusnet every day since and every day been told the problem is with Openreach. I agree with that but I was told Openreach would be out to fix the fault by 23/1 and they would be in touch before then. THEY HAVEN’T. I was told the plusnet faults team would be in touch 24/1 to discuss the progress. THEY HAVEN’T.
I was happy to call it a day and switch to another provided since I have only achieved a couple of hours service but that would cost me £131.40 (cancellation fee) for a couple of hours service.
I am so frustrated because I am chasing up plusnet but I don’t feel that plusnet are chasing up Openreach. I have asked for some proof that they have been in contact with Openreach but the answer is different and vague every time.
I know the line fault would still be present with a different supplier but I would hope the new customer services team would be more proactive and useful.
16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How to get a fault fixed

Welcome to the community forums @AngrySarah

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems

I can see we've raised a fault report to Openreach and they've given us an estimated response time of by 23/01/18 23:59:59. As it doesn't look like the job has been picked up by an engineer yet, I'm chasing this up now.

I'll post back when I've contacted our support team at Openreach.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our suppliers have advised us that an engineer is due to pick up the job tomorrow

Apologies for the delay, it's due to engineer availability in your area.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngrySarah
Hooked

Thanks for the reply Gandalf. It is a shame that customers have to raise concerns on a public forum to get help.
Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow.
Further to your email reply advising that I will be refunded my subscription costs once the fault is fixed, will a further compensation payment be made to reflect the inconvenience caused and losses incurred due to Plusnet’s failure to provide service?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It is a shame that customers have to raise concerns on a public forum to get help.
Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow.

It's possible that the engineer was already scheduled to pick up the job tomorrow without us chasing it up.

But I do appreciate we could've chased this up sooner.

Our faults team usually pick up a ticket within 72 hours and only after the response time we're given as we generally can't chase for an update within a response time as we'd just be turned back.

will a further compensation payment be made to reflect the inconvenience caused and losses incurred due to Plusnet’s failure to provide service?

Drop me a reply over here or a PM when it's resolved, and I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngrySarah
Hooked

On another note. Is it possible to pass on some feedback about one of the Plusnet tech support team. I have spoken to several of the tech support team who have all been unhelpful, disinterested and some even rude. In addition to yourself I have only had one member of staff who actually seemed concerned and only one member of staff who apologised for the problem. Fair enough thanks to Plusnet’s fault reporting system he wasn’t able to be any help but it was really appreciated that he was the first member of staff in 7 days who apologised and agreed there was a problem. His name was [CSA Removed] and I spoke with him on the phone yesterday pm. I would be grateful if my feedback could be passed to his team leader or if you can tell me how to pass feedback on.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll be happy to pass the feedback on to his team leader.

Fingers crossed your connection is fixed tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngrySarah
Hooked

My internet is back! 😃

I have no idea how, unless Openreach do stealtly late night visits to their cabinets. It does suggest the fault diagnosis may have been wrong and not Openreach’s fault and that Plusnet tech support instinctively blame Openreach, but what ever the fault was, as long as it doesn’t reoccur I don’t mind. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear that. I'm not sure what caused it to return. I can assure you that we definitely detected a potential line fault and we aren't blaming Openreach. Faults can happen I'm afraid. It's possible it's intermittent.

I can see the job has been assigned to an engineer as of this morning.

Hopefully the underlying issue is resolved.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngrySarah
Hooked

So plusnet managed to deliver internet for another half day. Can’t believe I got so excited that my service had apparently fixed it’s self. Surprise surprise no service again! This is after my service was working and after Openreach came to play with the telegraph pole whilst the service was working. I have been with plusnet 10 days and don’t think I have managed 10 hrs of service. Tried to ring the tech support team and as per usual a never ending queue. I am even more angry now. Will this count as a new fault?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that. Our tests aren't showing an issue with the line now, so I'm raising a broadband fault with BT Wholesale. I'll update your ticket shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Since we're not finding the cause of the problem now, we'll need to arrange a broadband engineer visit, as that's the only option we've got with our suppliers. Can you reply to this ticket with your availability please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngrySarah
Hooked

I am now on my third day of uninterrupted service. I have an engineer visit booked for weds pm, should this be cancelled? I don’t want to have to pay £65 if they come and because everything appears to be working they find no fault.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear your connection is back on.

I can see you've contacted our support team and we've cancelled the engineer visit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngrySarah
Hooked

After another frustrating phone call with the tech support people on 26th Jan I ended up speaking to someone at customer options and finally had the chance to experience some of the advertised proper customer service. I spoke to a Plusnet colleague who apologised and promised to find out what was going on with my service. He promised to refund my first bill as a goodwill gesture to recognise the poor service I had received during my move to Plusnet and would contact me the following week with an update. Before he called back my service miraculously fixed it’s self so whilst I was a little disappointed to not receive the promised call I guessed it had been cancelled when the fault showed as fixed. 

So almost 2 weeks later and no refund, surprise surprise. I am disappointed because I had started to believe I had just been unlucky enough to speak to all the rubbish staff and that the majority are good. I was wrong.

So today, after waiting ages for an answer I got through to customers services who have no record of the call on 26th Jan, no surprise there. They will however offer a goodwill gesture of free broadband for the first month. Since I pay £1 for my broadband I fail to see the goodwill. Next they increase the offer to include a refund of the line rental for the 10 days I was with out service. I am not sure how refunding me the cost of a service I didn’t receive is an a goodwill offer. I asked them to honour the original offer to refund my first bill but I am told this absolutely won’t happen and I am made to feel I am making it up.

I find I so hard to believe that Plusnet can have any repeat custom when they treat customers so poorly.