cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

breakinpig
Rising Star

How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

Switched from Sky on 7 Sep, Sky cut me off on 21 Sep, it's now 2 Oct and still no broadband!!!

So far I've spent 260 mins on the phone with customer service, seem to get a different response from them every single time. However, it's always a variation on "Openreach haven't done it".

I'm staggered that Plusnet are so happy to allow Openreach to simply not resolve this issue when they claim to have escalated it on 5 different occasions.

Been given 3 different dates on which "service will definitely start" but it never does, when I ask, it's a case of "Openreach haven't done it yet".

Any tips on getting this resolved?

102 REPLIES 102
breakinpig
Rising Star

Service level agreements with Openreach???

Anyone know if Plusnet have a service level agreement with Openreach and what it is?!?

Asking because Plusnet claim to have created my order with Openreach on 7 Sep. Found out on 24 Sep that nothing had been done, they claim to have escalated it then but when I phoned back on 28 Sep, Openreach hadn't progressed it. And again every day until today, where Plusnet claim to have escalated it again?

Don't understand why Plusnet can't refer to the order creation on 7 Sep and force them to respond quicker?!?

breakinpig
Rising Star

Early exit fees

Anyone had success in getting out of their contract without paying the exit fees?

I'm 2 weeks in and still no internet and no hope of getting any any time soon as Plusnet don't seem to be able to get Openreach to do anything!!!

Not sure I can take 18 months of this.

breakinpig
Rising Star

Giving up?

Anyone else just worn down by customer service and decided to give up? 2 weeks with no internet, 400 minutes on the phone with customer service and I still don’t understand what the issue is.

Can you report directly to ofcom?

Maybe I should just ask for my money back and live off grid!
Tags (3)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

Thanks for your time on the phone @breakinpig I'm really sorry for the delay and issues with your order. I've picked up your forum posts and I've taken personal ownership of this for you moving forward.

Upon reviewing this I understand that the order got stuck in the supplier systems and wasn't ever confirmed then progressed to a state where your services with your previous provider ceased on 21/09 before the order eventually completed on 24/09 (The order I'm referring to here is for the phone line that's linked to the broadband order)

From what I can see due to that, the broadband order's stuck and we've tried chasing this up with no success so far so I've raised an escalation to a higher team to investigate the order, however from reading the notes I can see Openreach have previously advised that the order's not built in one of their core systems (CSS) due to the aforementioned issue.

I've therefore put through a cancellation request on the order with our suppliers as I believe that's the best and next course of action. The order should be cancelled within 24-48 hours so I'll check back on Monday at the latest. If we receive updates before then I'll let you know. Once that's happened I'll place a fresh order to provide broadband.

A new broadband order should take 4 working days, depending on engineer availability, but I can raise an expedite request with our suppliers to try to fast-track it, although again that'd ultimately be subject to engineer availability to fulfill the order.

Once you're up and running I'll be happy to call you back to discuss a goodwill gesture/compensation for the delay and hassle caused. I'll call you back on Monday if not sooner with hopefully some good news. I've added a bit more detail following our conversation onto your support ticket Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: Service level agreements with Openreach???

I'm really sorry for the delay and thanks for your time on the phone.

I've dropped a reply on your original thread Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Re: Early exit fees

Thanks for the call but we’ve actually got further away from a solution in that we’ve just cancelled the order so we’re looking at a minimum of 4 working days until the broadband. That will make it 3 whole weeks with no internet access off the back of an openreach to openreach switch.
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks for the call but we’ve actually got further away from a solution in that we’ve just cancelled the order so we’re looking at a minimum of 4 working days until the broadband. That will make it 3 whole weeks with no internet access off the back of an openreach to openreach switch.

Also, the link to the ticket just returns an error
breakinpig
Rising Star

Re: Service level agreements with Openreach???

Also, the link to the ticket just returns an error
breakinpig
Rising Star

Re: Early exit fees

I’d also note that posting about my issues on here has been the first time Plusnet have pro-actively given an update so I’d highly recommend it to others with issues
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @breakinpig 

I understand what you've said however this could've potentially dragged on for a lot longer by chasing the delayed order. Again I'm taking ownership and I'll make sure we do all we can to get your broadband up and running.

With regards to accessing the ticket you'll need to be logged into your account already before clicking on that link. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks Anoush, appreciate you taking this on and feels like the first progress we’ve made in 10 days.

I’ll post the updates in here as it may help other new customers in this position... frustrating that it’s taken 10 days for someone to take ownership!!!
breakinpig
Rising Star

There’s a typo in my original post...

Sky cut me off on 21 Sep, not 7 Sep
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @breakinpig I apologise again for the poor experience you've had. We encourage our advisers to take ownership of a problem where needed so we've obviously fallen short here and it's disappointing to see. As part of taking ownership I pass feedback on internally to relevant advisers where I see an issue could've been handled differently. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi Anoush, thanks for the latest update you emailed me. Strange that openreach thought there was active broadband, does that mean you weren’t able to place the new order so we’re looking at further delays?