Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Interleaving

FIXED
chrisb2z
Hooked

How to disable Interleaving

Hi

I had a issue with broadband link constantly dropping and noise on voice line.

There were various changes done during the week while Plusnet & BT Openreach were trying to find the underlying cause and stabilize the link. It was finally identified as a problem at the exchange and resolved last week.

A DLM reset was activated last Thursday and now we're midway through the 10-day training period. I can see that the download speed is gradually returning back to previous levels but the upload speed appears to be throttled back. The router shows upstream rate fixed at 888kB with SNR margin 16.0.

Does interleaving need to be manually disabled or should this happen automatically during the DLM reset / training period.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How to disable Interleaving

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @chrisb2z 

I'm sorry to see the issues you've had with your service. I've placed an order to switch interleaving off, which should go through tomorrow. As a heads up, DLM won't switch it back on by itself unless we provision interleaving as 'automatic', let us know if this is something you'd want us to do or if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chrisb2z
Hooked

That was a significant improvement. Thank you.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

That's great to hear, @chrisb2z

Give us a shout if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave