cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be rid of the Ticket Reply Notification

Mav
Fixes: 515

How to be rid of the Ticket Reply Notification

Everytime I first log into the Member Centre Home page there is a yellow box informing me that there is a reponse to a ticket. I have tried clicking the link to read it many times (It's the same reply each time) and clicking the Close icon but each time I reopen the home Member page usually after a reboot the notification is back.
I have Auto Login turned on and set to 2 years although a quick look just now it appeared to off although I am still automatically loged in after a reboot. I have reset it anyway but this has been happening for around 2/3 weeks now and I had reset Auto Login last week anyway after deleting the PN cookie in error.
Edit: Just moved away from the Auto Login page then clicked on the Auto Login icon on the Connection Settings page and the Auto Login is shown as off again. Should it not be showing as on/activated or has it always behaved in this way? Not sure as I have never gone to this page to check it's on but just to turn it on after the cookie has been deleted (used to happen after running a Spybot S & D scan until I found you could ignore selected cookie  :-[).
It would be nice if there was a message to clearly indicate it was on and what the time setting is.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

25 REPLIES 25
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: How to be rid of the Ticket Reply Notification

I also have the same issue, it can be very annoying, if you have multiple tickets open as i do at the moment, you think you may have had a
reply to a ticket, but when clicking the box it is with regards to a  ticket reply you have already read previous, and there is no new reply to other tickets.
Regards
Mike
Quote from: Mav
Everytime I first log into the Member Centre Home page there is a yellow box informing me that there is a response to a ticket. I have tried clicking the link to read it many times (It's the same reply each time) and clicking the Close icon but each time I reopen the home Member page usually after a reboot the notification is back.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav

Quote from: Mav
...usually after a reboot the notification is back.

I've found just opening the home page within a new instance of IE and it's back even though the home page (without the notification) is still open in the other instance.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You need to make some sort of reply to the ticket if you can't close it or don't want it closed.
Emma
Grafter

Thats right if the ticket is with you, i.e. support have responded to you it will stay in the member centre window until it is returned back to support.
Have you tried any other browsers just to make sure its not Internet explorer playing up???
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I have never had a spurious Ticket Reply Notification after I have either responded to a ticket or closed it (if you haven't responded to the ticket in some way you can hardly complain if Plusnet keep telling you about it!).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Some ticket responses are for information and do not require a response from the customer. As a customer, what we want is to know if any new information has been added to the ticket since the last time it was read, but the portal notification still appears each time you log on if the ticket is still open but nothing has happened. This can be annoying if you have a long-running problem ticket open and expect the notification to appear only if some progress has been made.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Do as I and many others do. Respond "Thank you for the update - I look forward to this being resolved" and return the ticket.
That also guarantees that the ticket doesn't get closed due to inactivity.
coastergrotto
Grafter

@jelv:
Smart reply, as this was bothering me also.  I'll follow your recommendation in future.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how do I get rid of the referral note then
jelv
Seasoned Hero

What does the X do?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not a lot, its there again next time I log on
Mav

My notification is due to an automated response:
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 28134932 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Simultaneous Provides pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

from Script User Automated Script Pool
To be honest I did feel a little silly giving a reply to an automated message - bit like saying 'thank you' when you take your cash from an ATM  Roll_eyes
Edit: It has stopped the notification from appearing, though.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: pierre_pierre
how do I get rid of the referral note then

I've noticed the same thing.
I don't log in very often, and when I do it's not been sufficiently annoying enough for me to try and do anything about it.
Which is most unusual for me - any prompt or notification usually does.
I suppose you could get PlusNet to remove the referrals, but that probably isn't the solution you're looking for Smiley
Colin
Grafter

Are you sure clicking the [ x ] to the top right of the referrals notification doesn't get rid of it? I've just tried it on an account I have access to and it's gone, even after logging out and back in again.