cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How slow can you go...!

byeworld

How slow can you go...!

My normal 8Mb connection feels more like old modem dialup. Download of around 128kbps yet upload of 256kbps+
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=139179237016490451481
I've done all the usual tests - wires, dial tone, reboots, etc... with no effect
Any ideas please?
13 REPLIES 13
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: How slow can you go...!

Hi byeworld,
I'm just looking into this for you. Please bear with me and I'll do my best to get this sorted out for you.
byeworld

Thanks... I was going to call, but didn't fancy the 20 mins wait time 😉
Its been like this for a couple of days... download speed is consistently around 128kbps... with upload being quicker...
Nothing has changed my side, except the poor weather... I've checked the outside connections but nothing wrong - all dry and OK.
Phone works fine too - clear sound.
Jon
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the information Jon.
I appreciate the call wait times are a little high at the moment but we're making improvements and we'll get there!
Yeah there looks to be something happening with the Speed Profile set by our suppliers - I'm just on with them now to try and get this sorted out for you.
Shouldn't be too long!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Jon,
That should be sorted for you now. Give or take an hour, you should start to notice the speeds back to normal.
byeworld

I seem to have lost all connectivity now - router is fine, but will not connect to the internet...!
Posted via Mobile connected to Orange ("Zero Range")
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Oh dear!  DCT will now have gone home for the weekend and you might not get a follow-up here until Monday.
When you say no connection, do you mean just Internet or no phone service at all?  If the latter, then raise a phone line fault with your phone supplier.  If the phone works, is line line noisy?  If yes raise a voice fault likewise.
Otherwise, check connects, try a new filter.  Do you have a spare router?  Raise a fault report here http://faults.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

byeworld

O no... that is not good. If that's the case, I'll be asking for a refund this month!
I've checked everything ... nothing has changed, and connection was fine this afternoon just really slow!
Phone is fine - calls are clear.. no noise on line.
Whatever was changed at server end has killed the connection.
byeworld

Anyone have any ideas how to get re-connected...! My mobile data package will not be up to lasting all weekend - especially with the kids connected 😉
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Try raising a fault report on the automated checker http://faults.pls.com

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.
I've just tried some remote works on your line.
Can you try and reboot your router to see if this gets you online?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry that's happened - it shouldn't have been an impact on the work carried out, though I can see how it looks that was.
I'm outof the office at the moment but if the issue is still ongoing could you please PM me your contact details and I'll do my best to help.
byeworld

Well after a couple of calls I'm back online with a reasonable connection again. Not sure what happened, but the connection is restored...
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=139187772353500481224
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the inconvenience and glad you're back online.