Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to provision broadband/send router

Jack2359
Hooked

How long to provision broadband/send router

Hi

I recently ordered Plusnet (phone and) (ADSL) broadband.  I didn't have an active BT line at my property and was informed that Plusnet would not order the broadband until the telephone line was running.  The line was installed/activated yesterday.  Plusnet have confirmed that I have phone service (not that I particularly want it, I want the broadband).  Roughly how long does it take to activate the broadband, after the phone line is activated?  I also ordered a router from Plusnet which I would need and is due to be posted to me. 

Chat isn't working/is full. 

The customer service number is just a IVR which directs me to a recording saying "broadband isn't ready, we will tell you when it is", which isn't a lot of help.  

I'm sure it varies case by case, but I need a ballpark figure - I have to give a month's notice of cancellation to my old (4G mobile) provider, and I don't particularly want to pay for two concurrent broadband connections, or have a gap with no service. 

tia

1 REPLY 1
Mads
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 79

Re: How long to provision broadband/send router

Hi @Jack2359,

Welcome to Plusnet and the forums,

If you have ordered ADSL broadband this should activate within 4-7 working days following the activation of your phone line. Having said this please could you PM your username so we can check the order is progressing as it should.

Thanks  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team