Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to provision broadband/send router

Jack2359
Hooked

How long to provision broadband/send router

Hi

I recently ordered Plusnet (phone and) (ADSL) broadband.  I didn't have an active BT line at my property and was informed that Plusnet would not order the broadband until the telephone line was running.  The line was installed/activated yesterday.  Plusnet have confirmed that I have phone service (not that I particularly want it, I want the broadband).  Roughly how long does it take to activate the broadband, after the phone line is activated?  I also ordered a router from Plusnet which I would need and is due to be posted to me. 

Chat isn't working/is full. 

The customer service number is just a IVR which directs me to a recording saying "broadband isn't ready, we will tell you when it is", which isn't a lot of help.  

I'm sure it varies case by case, but I need a ballpark figure - I have to give a month's notice of cancellation to my old (4G mobile) provider, and I don't particularly want to pay for two concurrent broadband connections, or have a gap with no service. 

tia

1 REPLY 1
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: How long to provision broadband/send router

Hi @Jack2359,

Welcome to Plusnet and the forums,

If you have ordered ADSL broadband this should activate within 4-7 working days following the activation of your phone line. Having said this please could you PM your username so we can check the order is progressing as it should.

Thanks