cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is a 'short time' - Homepages maintenance

Tony_W
Grafter

How long is a 'short time' - Homepages maintenance

The service status (2008-01-15 14:35:57 - Planned Homepages Maintenance - Tuesday 15th January - Friday 25th January. )
says:
Each hosted website may be unavailable for a short period of time during the maintenance.

Mine has now been unavailable (403 - forbidden) for nearly an hour and a half.
Has this already happened to you, and if so, how long is a 'short time' - an hour? 3 hours? 1 day?
70 REPLIES 70
prichardson
Grafter

Re: How long is a 'short time' - Homepages maintenance

There is currently a problem open for customers that remain on the old storage. As such, your current problem is not directly related to this outage.
http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=49419
The Service Status notice is out and can be seen at the following location.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=webspace
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This is a problem we are currently looking at Tony, have a look here for a thread on the same topic:-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,59469.0.html
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tony_W
Grafter

Thanks for the info everyone.
There was a long-ish break between my starting and eventually posting the new topic. When I originally looked, there were no additional service status messages detailing the outage, and I just assumed that it was the gap while the web sites were moved to the new machines.
Tony
Tony_W
Grafter

I am still getting the occasional 'hit' (e.g. at 13:17, 13:26, 13:27, 14:11 and 14:15).
Perhaps these hits are from cached copies of my website.
The problem status has not been updated for over an hour now. Even 'dispatching' a network engineer is unlikely to placate my distress that this is potentially costing me money.
Chris
Legend

We are going to get an update as soon as we have more information to give, unfortunately we don't have more info yet but as soon as we do it will be on a service status.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tony_W
Grafter

Hmmm. Another hour and the problem status still says that  the engineer should arrive shortly..... Huh
James
Grafter

Hi Tony,
Chris updated the problem shortly after you posted on here.
Tony_W
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh.
But it has now been a further hour and a half and some of us are getting desperate (and poorer).
If this adversely affects search engine listings, then my whole income could be at risk.
Last problem status post was 15:31 - 'investigating options'.
No service status update since 13:19
Tony_W
Grafter

Still nothing on the support pages or priority problems, but the web site is now showing, so unless Google drop me from their listings it's panic over.
I just wish that PN coms could communicate better.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Both have now been updated.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mikeb
Rising Star

I'm still getting #404 on Ye Olde F9 webspace which is understandable if data has yet to be restored, but rather worryingly I'm getting a passwd error on ftp. PN webspace seems OK.
Is there some other problem affecting login/passwd or is it just that the original prob is still being fixed ?
What about logfiles that should be arriving in a few hours time ? Are these going to be lost if the directory structure isn't restored in time and perhaps more to the point will they get over-written with old data when that is eventually restored ?

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

mikeb thankfuly my sites (s) are back up and running.
But your site is still off line and it is 02:46 on 17/01/2008   Huh
[Edit]
Spelling
mikeb
Rising Star

This still happening Sad  and no, it's not a cache problem, at least not at this end anyway.
login/passwd details are being rejected so although the directory structure appears that it might well have been re-written since stupid o'clock this morning (*), there is obviously no data within it and I still can't even get in via ftp to have a look and/or upload a quick restore of the essentials Sad
I just *know* that a raising a ticket will (eventually) most likely result in someone simply pointing me in the direction of the latest service.status but I suppose the time has come for a blood pressure raising game of ticket tennis !

(*) still getting a #404 but according to the error message, the missing file is now the one being requested rather than the root directory being conspicuous by it's absence.
220 Plus.Net FTP Server #1 ready
user My_PN_Account
331 Password required for My_PN_Account
pass [passwd]
230 User My_PN_Account logged in.
quit
221 Goodbye.
220 Force9 FTP Server #1 ready
user My_F9_Account
331 Password required for My_F9_Account
pass [passwd]
530 Login incorrect.

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
Chris
Legend

There are still some customers getting the 404 errors as you are seeing, I'm getting these looked into asap.