cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for BT to restore Realm to line?

NGNet
Grafter

How long for BT to restore Realm to line?

My connection stopped authenticating on the plusdsl.net realm (?) at about 6am on Monday - sync is fine and I can auth using bt_test_user@startup_domain but my plusdsl.net login and also bt_test_user@plusdsl.net both fail.  Sounds like a mis-placed finger at BT to me - is there something else I can try to get more useful info for the faults dept?
Does anyone know what is involved for BT to restore the realm? From my latest contact with PN CS, it sounds like they haven't even passed the fault over to BT Faults yet.
7 REPLIES 7
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How long for BT to restore Realm to line?

This was just actioned and raised to BT by one of my colleagues. It's currently in BT's testing stage and hopefully they will identify the fault and fixed it without any further input from ourselves. However, I have made a note of the correct team with BT that this will need to be passed to, in case it's not fixed on the first attempt.
Please make sure your normal login is entered into the router, and ensure it's left powered up 24/7 so we'll see it reconnect as soon as possible.
NGNet
Grafter

Thanks for chasing that Ben.  I've restored the router settings - I hope it is as straightforward for BT to fix as I imagined (a few clicks on a console somewhere in the Batlair, to undo whatever was changed).
I'd forgotten just how slow 45K dialup is!
NGNet
Grafter

Still no action from BT after 2 days - not even a status update.
Could someone at Plusnet find out what BT are doing, please?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll chase this one up for you...
Edit: BT have found the problem and it should be fixed within 24 hours.
NGNet
Grafter

Thanks Ben, you're a star!
It's fixed now - authenticated and held for a couple of minutes then dropped and wouldn't reconnect for 10 minutes, now back again.
Quite a coincidence that BT found the fault and fixed it just minutes after you chased.  Roll_eyes
Thank you, again.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, I shouted at the person on the end of the phone until they found the problem, then it was passed to the right people to fix it so not quite a coincidence! Glad we could get it sorted for you Smiley
NGNet
Grafter

He he - yes, I thought it must have been something like that