cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does line activation take?

beagle
Dabbler

How long does line activation take?

Fibre was installed yesterday morning before 9 am. We expected to be up and running straight away, but it seems the line is not activated and we're still not connected.
Is there any way to find out how much longer it will be? We were told on the phone to just keep trying to connect, but get authentication failed time after time.

8 REPLIES 8
beagle
Dabbler

Re: How long does line activation take?

Well over 24 hours since installation and still can't connect to the internet via fibre. Can anybody give me a pointer to how to get this sorted out?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The account should really have been activated yesterday, prior to the appointment, sorry about that. I've activated it now and you should be able to get online shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
beagle
Dabbler

Thanks, that;s what I thought. Will try to get online again in a bit and will let you know how it goes. (sick of this dongle Wink )
beagle
Dabbler

Connected ok now, quick speedtest shows speeds are lower than expected  (35/8) so far but I'm sure that can be sorted out.
Chris
Legend

That's my fault! I've set your profile on our side wrong, give me 5 mins and it'll be sorted. You may need to disconnect/reconnect after that to get the higher speed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
beagle
Dabbler

Oh so you're having a day like mine too - know anything about fixing hoovers ?  Grin
Chris
Legend

Nope, I suck at that kind of thing (badum tssssh). Bad puns however, I'm awesome at.
zubel
Community Veteran

facepalm