cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does DLM decide on interleaving when interleaving set to AUTO

ceridwen
Grafter

How does DLM decide on interleaving when interleaving set to AUTO

I used to get a 8128kbps sync speed. However, last month there was a problem with the internal wiring, and when I fixed it the DLM had kicked in and my router only synced at 1Mb. After a few days this went up to 5Mb and eventually settled at 7616 kbps where is has been for about 3 weeks. I gather that 7616 kbps is a typical max sync speed when interleaving is being used. In the same way that the DLM will adjust the SNR target after the line has been stable for 10-14 days, will the DLM decide interleaving is no longer needed and allow a synch without interleaving?
Matthew
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: How does DLM decide on interleaving when interleaving set to AUTO

what router do you have?
on most routers there is away of telling if your on interleved or fastpath
ceridwen
Grafter

Netgeat DG834G Version 1.0 firmware 3.01.38
I've switched it into debug mode, and run cat /proc/avalanche/avsar_modem_stats via telnet, and the stats reported indicates that it is in interleave mode.
I've had the router connected for 345 hours without a disconnect, but the DLM still thinks interleaving is required. So when does the DLM decide to switch back to trying interleaving off?
Matthew
scootie
Grafter

you can allways raise a ticket to have interleaving turned off for good Wink instead of waiting for the DLM to do it and it makes sure it will not go back to interleaved again
raise a ticket <a href="https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?Ea82ChdSAqqwtYJcjZV%2Fjl8BeHfnW7ogQYILXVCBFsnFyRVJeEpVZrrGHDFWsmvQCsvo6bTYqNo%3D">here</a>
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I can place an order for interleaving to be turned off on Tuesday if you like?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵