cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I volunteer for the Trial?

sladkart
Grafter

Re: How do I volunteer for the Trial?

Did the 9th June review happen?  Is the movement of users onto the trial likely to restart soon or not?
James
Grafter

We're reviewing it on a weekly basis.
I'll try and catch up with Dave and Fletch later on today/tomorrow to see if there's any further news.
sladkart
Grafter

Thanks James.
I'm currently on LLU and I know that you were planning to move everyone on LLU back to the BTw Max product within weeks of the announcement made at the start of April http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75451.0.html.  I don't want to go back to Max, there were too many issues and problems which stopped once I moved to LLU.  So I am keen to be moved onto the trial to try to avoid getting these problems back.  Obviously I may get new problems with ADSL2+/21CN but I'd rather take that risk than go back to Max.
I look forward to the trial being re-opened Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi Rob,
Amazing as it might sound - IPStream Max is a *lot* better than it was when you were moved onto LLU.
So hopefully if there's an interim period, it shouldn't be too bad Smiley
sladkart
Grafter

For me it would have to be a *lot* *lot* better  Wink
Cogin
Grafter

Hi
Does anyone know how a MAAF customer can get on the trial. I've looked at the link in reply one but as MAAF is not listed I can't login to raise a ticket.
Back on the 4 June I raised a support ticket with MAAF asking how to go about getting on the waiting list but the ticket is still open and has been put back into the support pool so many times it's probably got too soggy to read. To be fair they have tried I even got a phone call but the answer to what I thought was a simple question remains unanswered. So can anyone here help because Plusnet reopened the trial to new volunteers on the 16 June and are slowly working through the waiting list. Yes the one i can't get on.
To be honest I would have thought Plusnet would have wanted at least a few people on the trial from all of their brand names just in case their inclusion threw up a problem they had'nt seen coming but they seem to be excluding some of us.
Anyone got any ideas how I can get on the trial?Huh
James
Grafter

Hiya,
To be honest it wouldn't matter which ISP you're using - the results would be the same regardless.
If you'd like to join, drop me a PM and I'll get an order placed for you at the start of the week, assuming Dave's fine with that (I need to talk to him about it first!).
Cogin
Grafter

Hi Jameseh
Yes please if you could place an order for I'd be very grateful. Hopefully Dave wiil agree to it.
It can't be this simple can it. MAAF support are still going round in circles trying to give me an answer as  to how I can get on the trial. Their reply's to my ticket are worth a read.
amjrobson
Grafter

Do you have any idea when you are expecting to continue with the Trial, I am on and LLU line and with the details found on here about being moved back to IPStream MAX would prefer to be moved across to ADSL2+.  I have submitted a ticket to join the trial on the 5th but have not had any response yet.  Are you currently not doing any more migrations or do you just have a back log, its just that I havent heard anything and the ticket was raised 2 weeks ago.
Cheers
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The trial has started again, but they are doing a few users rather than a large block at a time, so they will get to your ticket.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
stevenjenkinson

Is anyone able to give me a likely trial go ahead date please? I've been waiting a while and would rather know one way or the other if I'm going to get what's already available elsewhere? Thanks...
Steve
haardman
Dabbler

Is the trial open again?  I submitted my ticket last Wednesday (29126769).  Haven't heard anything back.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
We have recently reopened the trial, so we're clearing up the backlog of requests at about 5 a day (there's over 200 of them).
We're potentially looking at increasing this again (along with the capacity in accordance with the number of people on the trial) in the next week or so, depending on the number of faults that get raised.
theanorak
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt
Quote from: theanorak
… I'd like to join the trial (but) have had limited luck joining.  <<tale of woe cut>>

If I've understood the situation properly I think you will have cancelled your second request too. My understanding is that you must leave the request ticket open, and with Plusnet to get your line transferred to the trial. I suggest volunteering for a third time, and be patient. <<trimmed>>

Realised I didn't ever reply to this. Thanks for the info -- did as you suggested on June 11 but presumably am now stuck somewhere in the backlog Jameseh mentioned. Or perhaps they're just toying with me Wink
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yeah, there were over 200 waiting last time I checked and we were trying to place around 5-10 orders a day so will take a while to process them all. We do though have a piece of automation on the way for placing orders hopefully later this month which should allow us to speed things up a bit but we still want to keep the volumes fairly low so that there isn't too much manual work and faults falling out to the CSC.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology