cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get plusnet support to respond?

mfplusnet

How do I get plusnet support to respond?

My account was 'migrated' from madasafish to plusnet on Tuesday. During the migration my domain name was 'untagged' which means that anyone sending me an email gets an instant bounce back "permanent failure: DNS Error: Domain name not found"
Day 1: Contacted plusnet, got a quick response - I need to call Nominet to get the domain retagged. Called Nominet they will only retag to madasafish, which they did whilst I was on the phone. Registrar showing as Plusnet Plc.
Contacted plusnet again to get them to put the domain on their DNS etc. so I can start receiving emails. No response from plusnet.
Day 2: Contacted plusnet via support portal, asking them to re-connect domain. No response. Called Plusnet and told it is handled by another 'team', told it should be sorted soon. Still no response on the support portal, no re-connection.
Day 3: No response again on the portal, no re-connection.
So into third day of no email and no website all because of an internal migration!! The support ticket remains the same as on day 1 "Awaiting Support Team answer"
I am sure that this problem could be solved in 30 seconds if only the right person can receive the message. I hope someone who reads this forum can help me to find that right person!
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: How do I get plusnet support to respond?

Hiya,
Sorry about the delay on this one, I've just asked someone to pick this up for you.
mfplusnet

Hi James,
Thank you for your help. Hopefully it will be up and running soon!
mfplusnet

Update 30/04/11 (Day 6)
I would like to provide an update on the troubles listed above....
Yesterday Plusnet reconnected the web hosting and setup the DNS so I now have a sort of website running. Unfortunately it seems that all the pages hosted on madasafish have been lost or deleted so I need to recreate the entire site from scratch. I guess its my fault for not keeping a backup, and it's not the end of the world as the site needed an update anyway. It is however annoying that the Plusnet sales rep. didn't mention this when selling me the change "as a simple internal transfer".
Email is however still not working, messages being bounced with a "550 550 Denied: Invalid mailbox" error. I guess I will never know if Argos managed to get my patio set ready for the bank holiday  Tongue
mfplusnet

Day 7
A whole week without email.
No change, and no response from Plusnet to my ticket raised last night.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mfplusnet,
I've just responded to your ticket. Just give us a shout if you have any more questions.
Jojo Smiley
mfplusnet

Hi Jojo,
Thanks for your reply and help - yea!! got email again!!!  Grin
I should report that the last problem I had was my fault for not understanding the way email account login names work  Embarrassed
Its a pity though that it took a week to sort out after what should have been a simple internal account transfer.
Anyway thanks to everyone for sorting this out!!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad it's sorted. The way it works is a bit confusing but simple enough once you get the hang of it Smiley