cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an estimation of when my fibre broadband might be activated?

akrmurray

How can I get an estimation of when my fibre broadband might be activated?

I ordered Fibre broadband on 18th September but have had no contact from Plusnet, BT Openreach or anyone about when fibre might be installed. How long should I reasonably expect to wait? How do I get an update?

No matter what time of day or night I try, the online chat support is never available and wait times on the phone seem to be regularly 50 minutes. I usually get cut off because of a network call failure or similar before I ever get near to speaking to someone.

4 REPLIES 4
akrmurray

Re: How can I get an estimation of when my fibre broadband might be activated?

Finally got through on the phone - apparently someone just hadn’t done what they were supposed to do and it only got noticed on the 4th Oct. Then I (apparently) got added to a list that something hadn’t been done. Nothing was being done but when I finally spoke to a human they (apparently) could sort everything out fairly immediately!

Glad I rang and eventually managed to get through. Not a good start - let’s hope things improve!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 76

Hi @akrmurray,

I'm really sorry you've had a time with it recently but I'm glad we're finally at the point where we're getting it resolved for you.

I can see the agent has logged this ticket on the account and we should be able to give you an update over the weekend.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
akrmurray

2 months today since I ordered broadband from Plusnet. Still... NOTHING. And why do I have to keep chasing Plusnet for updates instead of them keeping me informed. This sucks.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @akrmurray,

I'm sorry that you are still awaiting an update about your services, I appreciate your need for an answer. Please accept our apologies for the delay.

I have looked into this further and have an update here.

Let us know if you require anything further.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
  Tahir M
 Plusnet Help Team