Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move

FIXED
Scobie50
Hooked

House Move

I phoned Plusnet on the 8th of August to inform them we were morving house on the 16th of August.  We were told it was a simple case of unplugging our phone and broadband and taking it along to the new house to be ready to plug back in once we received a text.  On the 15th August i recievd a message to say an engineer from openreach would be out the next day between 8am and 1pm.  the next day we collected our keys and met the engineer who was advised it would be a 15 minute job.  To cut a long story short, the engineer succesfully set up our phone line but had not been instructed to set up our broadband.  After numerous phone calls and getting cut off by Plusnet we got through to some one who advised:

Dear Mr Scobie,

Hello John, hope you are well.

Thank you for your time on the phone today. As discussed, this is to confirm that we have now placed your broadband order and we will confirm the activation date within 48 working hours. We understand there has been a delay in progressing your orders however we are trying our best to get everything back on track. We will be marking this as a complaint on your account as you had to wait on hold and then the call was cut off to which then you had to call and wait again. We will contact you back once your service has activted to resolve the complaint in a form of a goodwill gesture. We apologize for any misunderstandings during the process and highly appreciate your patience. Thank you. 

We have been in our new house nearly a week and still have no Brodband set up and no idea when it will be set up.  

16 REPLIES 16
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: House Move

Hi @Scobie50, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your Home Move, I appreciate the frustration this may have caused. From checking the account it appears your broadband order has recently completed today, your account details have been updated and you should be able to connect. If you experience any connection issues please do let us know.

For reference, I've updated the open support ticket on the account with further information surrounding a downtime refund. This can be viewed here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Scobie50
Hooked

Hi thanks for a reply. Tried connecting and it isnt working. It is flashing orange with a red b.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Scobie50,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've tested the line today and I can see that it appears to be out of sync. To fix this, please run through our troubleshooting guide, which can be found here.

Please let us know how this goes and we'll be happy to investigate further if there's any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Scobie50
Hooked

Hello
We have tried the trouble shooting guide but our broadband is still not working.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Scobie50,

Just before we proceed at this stage, please could you confirm what the lights are currently doing on the router? Is it a flashing red b or is it a solid red b?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Are you plugged into the Master Socket or an extension? Have you tried the Master Socket? 

Scobie50
Hooked

It is a flashing b.  We have an engineer comming out to the house tomorrow morning.  Hopefully we will finally get this problem solved after having 10 days of no internet and having to take a morning off work tomorrow to wait on the engineer comming. We keep getting told a house move should be a simple process but for us it has been a nightmare. 

Scobie50
Hooked

Mustrum

we are plugged in to the master socket. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Scobie50

Thanks for confirming.

Having reviewed your account, I can see that my colleague has raised this as a fault for you here. Once the engineer has attended and we're both happy that the fault is resolved, we'll be able to look at the downtime and an appropriate gesture of goodwill.

Best wishes

Dave

Scobie50
Hooked

Hi Dave

Well the engineer came out yesterday and after 10 days we finally have our broadband working.  My wife receieved a call from PlusNet today asking if our broadband was working and that was it. No comment on our gesture of goodwill!.  We are glad to finally be up and running but very disappointed in the service we have receievd.  Unfortunatly we have just renewed our contract but once it is finished, we will be moving to a new supplier. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Scobie50,

I'm glad you're back up and running, but sorry about the lack of offer. I've added a credit onto next months bill to cover the base subscription costs of the landline and the broadband as an apology. 

Scobie50
Hooked

Joe

we were previously told:

As well as the downtime refund, we'd like to offer you a gesture of goodwill of one months free broadband as resolution to your complaint for the issues you have had. This would be applied to the next invoice and would in affect be a credit of £14.99. If you're happy to accept this, please do let us know and we'll get that applied for you.

after phoning up on Sunday to complain once again and have to take a morning off work on Tuesday to wait for an engineer we were advised we would be offered more than originally offered above...

Scobie50
Hooked

Dear Mr Scobie,

Escalation taken for agent.
Booked appointment (see ticket) and advised will pass to our faults team to monitor and once resolved will do a further gesture of good will compensation for inconvenience and downtime.

Kind regards,

Maisie Lyne

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@Scobie50,

I actually added a credit onto the service for over double the amount you were previously offered (you should have received an automated confirmation of this already). 

If you'd like to discuss a higher amount them I'll create a ticket and we can move the discussion there.