Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Question

SparckZero
Grafter

House Move Question

Hey Guys,
Just wanted some input into a house move question...
In short, I currently have the Unlimited package. Next month I'll be moving back in with my parents, who already have BT Broadband Option 1. Needless to say, I'd like to use the Plusnet Unlimited package instead Wink
Ideally I'd like to keep their landline as it is, and just change the broadband around. What would be the best way to go about doing this, with the minimum of downtime? Is it possible to do some kind of MAC migration in order to prevent me from having to cease and re-order?
I'd be grateful for any advice!
Cheers,
-Paul C
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: House Move Question

If you get the MAC for your parent's service, it's not problem at all for us to action this via the house move process, just give us a call on 0845 140 0200 as there's a fair bit more information that we need and we can take it from there.
SparckZero
Grafter

Thanks for the info Ben - given that it's a bit different to a normal house move process, how much notice will you guys need in order to action this?
Also, will it matter that the name on the PN account differs to that on the BT landline at my parents' address? I'm almost certain that they had to be the same, otherwise BT would reject the order...on the other hand, it's quite possible that I've just made that up!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We'll need the same amount of notice as any other house move - the order will take 7 - 10 days to complete so that notice is required as a minimum.
There's no checking on the broadband / home phone account holder's name but you do need the authority to take over the service, the MAC key will suffice in this instance.