cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move During Contract

Stevec700
Dabbler

House Move During Contract

Ok, so I want to move house and take my contract with me. Oh no, plusnet rep told me that I have to enter into a new contract unless I pay 65 quid! Even worse, I have to agree to a 24 month contract! My existing contract is 12 month. Now, PN do not advertise 24 m contracts! I feel like I have been royalty conned! Last time I moved Whilst I had to enter a new contract at least it was 12 months,! Complete con by the sales guy! 

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: House Move During Contract

Why on earth do you think its a con?

Any house move with any ISP is subject to a charge, so you have a choice, either pay the cost and stay on your current contracy, or sign up to a new contract and not pay the fee.

Stevec700
Dabbler

Think you missed the point, or chose to. Why must I agree to a new contract that is 24 months ? The existing contract, following my last move was 12 months. THAT is my complaint!! I have been with Plusnet for a good period of time and don't think this is fair in any way.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I am half way through my second consecutive 24 month contract with PlusNet - basically that was the contract length they required to give me a good deal on price.

I didn't enquire in what ways the deal would have been inferior if I'd tried for a 12 or 18 month contract, but I think it's implicit (i.e. you won't find it spelt out as such) that the better the deal, the longer the contract has to be for PN to make any money out of you.

Stevec700
Dabbler

I get that they want you on a longer contract to tie you in and make more money, however, mine is the same deal as last contract which was 12 month therefore it isn't implicit at all or limked to any better deal,so why now 24 Months when I want to move?  (The Cynic in me tells me that the agent who told me this is on a bonus for signing someone up for longer that 12 or 18 months!!!)

Also, if I search for their "deals" non of them mention 24 months!

Would seem that if you are a newbie to PN you can get 12 or 18 months but if you stay with them and you are tied in then you get a worse deal!!!!

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Duplicate post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still