Re: Hotmail blocking us?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Which daft one was that adie  ;), the one about hotmail providing info?  Crazy
I'm going to ask another now -
@Bob
What domain did that phishing mail come from?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: Anotherone
Which daft one was that adie  ;), the one about hotmail providing info?  Crazy

Of course  Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm also waiting for them to respond to my complaint from my hotmail account about them bouncing mail from someone on my safe list  Roll_eyes Fat chance I expect Angry
Edit: No reply from Hotmail yet, surprise surprise!
Pancho
Grafter

What is it with this Hotmail thing? How many times is this that I am getting bouncing mails from them? Are they a bunch of robots? Don't people talk to each other? Don't they send whatever it is that is the cause of the problem back to Plus asking them where it came from and can they sort it? Just pulling the plug on us and then Plus has to go cap in hand due to something somebody did (do they know who?) in order that Plus subscribers can send email to their, non-paying? customers is a bit bully boy and arrogant? We have got spam filters for incoming mail but do Plus have filters on outgoing mail so these things - whatever it is - don't get out the door? Is it really just one message from one Plus customer that can shut the whole thing down? Did that customer know they were sending it?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

What domain did that phishing mail come from?

The example I saw had an AOL addy as the envelope sender. We emailed all MAAF customers to warn them as soon as we became aware of it.
@Pancho, we do have outbound spam filtering enabled but it's configured pretty leniently so as to avoid false positives. Hotmail's systems are largely automated and whilst we do put a stop to spam outbreaks as soon as we're aware of them, it's sometimes too late Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Stewie
Grafter

whilst we do put a stop to spam outbreaks ...

I hope you terminate the account of the genuine offenders - this issue has wasted my time and caused problems. I am very annoyed about it.  I eventually came across the service report which at least meant it is not personal, but why must it take so long for hotmail to fix it.  Angry
An email from plusnet on this topic would have helped - but I guess if every issue generated an email they'd end up being ignored.
reserved
Grafter

Still not fixed or is it just me still having problems? Sad
omnia
Dabbler

Bounced email

I have just received a Delivery Status Notification (Failure) from Mail Delivery System [MAILER-DAEMON@relay.pcl-ipout02.plus.net] to a hotmail.com address.   The status notification says:
The following message to <*********@hotmail.com> was undeliverable. (I have replaced the name with asterisks)
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, we recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to help senders remove unwanted recipients from their e-mail list: http://postmaster.live.com'
A colleague says that "This looks like something hotmail have done because a spammer has used some aspect of your internet provider. May not be you at all. Our entire university got blocked by most webservice providers after a spamming attack once."
Any advice?
Sorry, I have just seen the same topic on the forum.    It appears that I am not alone  Embarrassed
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

adie:red topis merged ]
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mooblie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

email for Hotmail destinations still being bounced here at 5pm Mon 4th May 2009:
The following message to <xxxxxxxxxr@hotmail.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, we recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to help senders remove unwanted recipients from their e-mail list: http://postmaster.live.com'
gillburrell

Mine still being rejected 17.31 4th May.. Angry
What is it with Hotmail!!!
kdiment
Rising Star

I have been trying repeatedly, without success, to send a legit email to a Hotmail address for well over 24 hours. Does Hotmail have no-one on duty with the authority to do whatever is necessary to fix this problem? Do they think that their subscribers would rather not receive genuine emails than receive a bit of unwanted spam? Please let us know as soon as a fix is in place.
Catweazle
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
So why isn't it listed as a P1?

It is now.

The last entry for this problem says that HotSnail will be fixing the problem by about 2pm PST today - but aren't they on PDT in Washington state now that it's summer? I think that's 9pm in new money (BST). Maybe they really meant 2pm BST?  Roll_eyes
A glimmer of hope - I've just resent an email to a HotSlug user and it didn't get bounced back immediately, so here's hoping it's been fixed at last.
It's interesting to see how P1 problems are viewed in different organisations - I work for a much less tolerant company where heads would be rolling down the corridors if a P1 problem was allowed to continue for more than a few hours (minutes if you're really unlucky!). For me, the HotTortoise issue was just a minor irritation (I used the phone instead!), but it's probably inconvenienced many, many customers  Sad
Catweazle
Grafter

I must get used to thinking that my glass is half empty - HotBounce just rejected my resent email (after about 40 minutes). Maybe the delay was down to volume of traffic....
Roll on 9pm  Shocked