cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrific Broadband Speed - again

roster0660

Horrific Broadband Speed - again

Not getting any response from Customer Service & have been on hold over 20 minutes so trying here

My broadband has reached the grand speed of 1.8mbps once in the last fortnight - latest test didn't even register a speed so it's obviously less than 0.1maps

All self tests undertaken, no response from plusnet - what's going on?Huh
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Horrific Broadband Speed - again

Hi and cheers for taking my call just now. 

I'll be back in touch at around 12.30 as per what you asked and I'll make sure we get you sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for taking my call again. 

I've reported the issue with your line, here's a link straight to the query I've added to your account where I've added more detail: 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=160734628 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just updating this thread for visibility that the issue should now be fixed. Do let me know if not!

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
roster0660

Hi Adam

Tested speed tonight - 2.5Mbps. An improvement but I was obtaining 15Mbps before this issue occurred. I'll give it another 48 hours to see if any improvement then respond either way.

Thanks for the prompt service & updates so far

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Can we cover some basics please...

What are the expectations for your line?

Please use the following links to check the services available and their estimated speeds. From the first link, please record and report back the distance from the exchange. The second link advises of which fibre services (if any) are available on your line and their anticipated speed.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem, 

Don't worry about doing any more checks we need to get an SNR reset done to bring the speeds back up to scratch. 

I've just submitted that now so you should see some improvement start to happen over the next 24 hours.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@adamwalker,

Thanks - that would have been made visible by sight of the router stats... is this a "tidy-up" after a line fault being fixed ... or is the SNRM elevated for an unknown reason?

@roster0660,

The above is why it is always useful to provide the information requested on the slow speeds sticky thread at the top of this forum ... it can save such a lot of time in identifying what's likely to be the issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

roster0660

I hope there isn't a next time but I will ensure I provide such information if the issue recurs
The speed is currently operating at approx 13Mbps so engineering work appears to solved the problem.
Thanks for your help