cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope yet

sully666
Grafter

Hope yet

After sending an email to my local county councillor, I received the following reply:
Dear Mr Sullivan,

We have received your enquiry regarding the current situation and wish to provide you with our response. We have also allocated your enquiry with the following reference number: BBFN/ERS/1735
You are absolutely correct that your premises is served via an Exchange Only and requires additional engineering work called ‘a network rearrangement’. A network rearrangement involves standing both a ‘copper cabinet’ and another type of cabinet called a ‘DSLAM’ (this is the another cabinet that houses all the fibre optic equipment) somewhere between the premises affected and the telephone exchange.
The good news is that upon further investigation and contact with our colleagues at BT Openreach there are plans to carry out this additional engineering work on the Exchange Only line that you are connected to.
In terms of being able to provide you with indicative timescales, the work is scheduled for completion around early November 2015.
We have identified that even though your premises is served via an Exchange Only the indicative download speeds  are anything up to 17mbps.
I had to laugh at the last paragraph, as Im lucky if I get over 14Mbps at the moment.
Roll on November. Though I am not a fan of the colour blue, I will not hold my breath  Wink