cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub ...

ArthurDent
Grafter

Homehub ...

Following recent posts on this forum, it's interesting that the latest Pcpro magazine states that:
"All the isp-supplied routers we've tested this month are locked to their respective broadband services. Even if you did want to take them elsewhere, there's no way to do it."
The three isp-supplied ones they suggest that you bin include homehub 3, and that inflexibility is what pn told me when I shifted from bt. You guys disagreed!
Best buy amongst the nine replacements reviewed is Asus dsl-n55u. Unfortunately that isn't the one I bought     Cry
[pn's cheapie was not reviewed]
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Homehub ...

The suspense is killing me, which did you buy?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

The Home Hub (I've used version 2.0b, 3.0a and 4.0a) is locked to BT Retail ISPs, which includes PN, MAAF, etc. You wouldn't be able to use one with any other ISP.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

HH's Can be unlocked, quite easily. (Not needed for PN as you have said)
I still use my HH2 as a voip relay, with a HH1 phone connected to it.
gtowen
Rising Star

@Hairy Biker  I know the HH's can be unlocked but I I thought the HH1 phone was tied to BT Talk and couldn't be used on any other service, at least most of my google searches haven't revealed any useful info except how to unlock the hub itself.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

If you unlock the HH (I have a HH2 unlocked) then you can setup the voip on the HH2 to PN, which it will not do unlocked.
My HH1 handset is registered to my HH2 and is usable just like a normal DECT phone, 'cept it is on VOIP only.
gtowen
Rising Star

@ Hairy Biker, thanks for the info, I'll look further into that Smiley