cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move (again)

chuckster
Grafter

Home move (again)

Yup, am changing address again, think this'll be the fifth time with PlusNet.  Each time before (bar one) it's all gone brilliantly.  This time however, the little alarm bell in my head has started dinging.
I'd appreciate it if one of the Digital Care team guys can have a quick look at the ticket and sanity check what's going on - 79718228
My main concern is when I was speaking to the lady on Saturday about the move, she told me that the Exchange I was moving to was one that's 14 miles away, when I know very well I wouldn't be hooked into that Exchange (I'm moving back to an area I've lived in before, with the Exchange about a mile away).  I pointed this out on the phone, and she went and double-checked with someone else and said it everything was all ok, even though it was throwing back the wrong Exchange.  Putting the new Postcode into SamKnows also throws back the wrong Exchange, so guess that's a BT thing.
I was thinking that with inaccurate info being given, this may have an impact on engineer times (current install date is end of Fed, despite the home move happening at the end of Jan).  If that is based on engineer availability at the 'other' Exchange, it might all be wrong.. as well as the available services there (I'm having to downgrade from current Fibre package to 8mb ADSL)
Hope you'll understand me not putting home details on here, but if one of the team could drop me a PM I'd appreciate it.
Cheers,
C.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home move (again)

Hi chuckster,
I'd have dropped you a PM as requested but it looks like the ticket's been picked up and all is good? Both orders are now placed and an appointment date has been booked in by the look of things. Please let us know if that's not the case or there's anything needs doing on our part though.
chuckster
Grafter

Hi Matt, have dropped you a PM (as it contains address info).  If you could just sanity check it for me I'd appreciate it.
Many thanks,
C.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chuckster, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
Right, the phone line is being installed to the Deptford exchange which I assume is much closer to you? Hoping that's the case Smiley
Unfortunately the broadband hasn't been that easy. Given the postcode showing up on Kingston we weren't able to provide fibre on a sim order, and we can't check to see if it's available for you until the phone line is provided and the records updated. Deptford does have fibre in some areas but we need to check the number so we know which cab it goes through, to confirm if it's available.
Therefore you're currently due to be provided with ADSL2+ on the same date the phone is due, we'll then check for Fibre availability and upgrade you straight away if it is available - hope that sounds sensible? We thought it'd be better to get you online asap rather than waiting to see what happened. If you wish though we can cancel the broadband order and check for fibre once that's complete, though I'd recommend leaving things as they are.
chuckster
Grafter

Hi Matt,  thanks for the update..  All sounds perfectly sensible so let's go with things the way they are, that way I'll have connectivity from the off.
Do you know how long it takes for (presumably) BT to update their records on the services available to the new line?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure, usually it happens within 24 hours of the order completing though.