cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm.....

kanda
Grafter

Hmmm.....

I have been trying to get to the bottom of my slow broadband speeds. I'd already been told by a PlusNet advisor to leave my router on to allow the line to reprofile itself so I was annoyed to find the router had been switched off this morning (not my fault), but well into the 72 hours I was told it would take to reprofile the line I was still experiencing around 0.47 Mbps d/l and around 0.37 Mbps upload max. I'd already asked a neighbour for some idea of what I should hope to get speed wise, and they said they were getting 2.8 Mbps download speeds.
Now here's the curious thing. My telephone line is connected to the same cabinet and exchange and has a profile speed of 0.5 Mbps, yet just out of curiosity if I put my neighbour's number, who is a BT customer, in for the BT Wholesale speedchecker when I run the test instead of my own their line profile comes up as 4 Mbps, way ahead of what either of us are getting, but with my same results.
3 REPLIES 3
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Hmmm.....

My next door neighbour max's out at around 28Mb on her FTTC while mine max's out at around 68Mb
Back in the ADSL days, my neighbour was getting 2Mb on a dedicated line, another neighbour got 3.5Mb and I got 6Mb. The BT checker said I wouldn't get ADSL on my line and when I queried it I was told I could get 0.25Mb but needed an engineer visit.
I think BT update their system with whatever people actually manage and maybe average it out a little but I could be wrong.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@kanda
I've just submitted an SNR reset which should increase the profile for you providing the line stays stable/the router stays on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kanda
Grafter

Thanks for that, Adam, much appreciated. I'll try to keep my offspring's hands off the router button. Embarrassed