cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High sync rate but low throughput?

mike0381
Grafter

High sync rate but low throughput?

Hi, I have just moved house.  My new phone line is closer to an exchange than the previous one, hence why I am currently synced at 7424kbps.
However, even after remaining stable for 3 days I am only getting a throughput of between 1.5 - 2mb.
When I do a BT line test it gives a throughput of 1.66mb but states the current IP profile for my line is 6.5mb, so it's doesn't look like I'm stuck on a low profile either.

I'm quite confused at what the problem is, can anyone help?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: High sync rate but low throughput?

Check what Current line speed says in the Member Centre here. That might still be set to 2Mbps which I think is default for new lines until a proper value is received from BT.
If that is the case it might correct itself within a few hours; otherwise Plusnet staff might see this thread and manually fix the problem in the morning.
David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have you checked your Current Line speed (Login required).
With a new line, training goes on for 10 days. During the first two days, the BT IP profile is generally set at 2Mbps and this would usually be reflected in the Plusnet Current Line Speed. When the exchange DLM sets a true profile, the Plusnet one has to update and this may not yet have happened. It should do so with 12 hours maximum. Post the value here and if something needs to be done, then a member of the DCT can pick it up.
Edit: Ha great minds, and you clicked post a fraction before me  Wink
mike0381
Grafter

Thanks guys, checked this morning and it's now giving me a throughput of 6.5mb, so I'm sorted.    Wink