Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High speeds but huge P2P failing.

Simonj89
Dabbler

High speeds but huge P2P failing.

Hey,
My broadband up and running today  :).
Getting some really good speeds on speed tests but having some trouble when I try p2p.
Speed rises up to 100kb/s or so for a brief period then falls to 0 and stays there somewhere around the 0.3kb/s mark.
Any ideas? Im on unlimited so dont believe it should be throttled and using stock router you sent me.
Thanks,
Simon
4 REPLIES 4
tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: High speeds but huge P2P failing.

has the torrent you are trying got a good number of seeds?  Also were you using a magnet link as these often take longer to get up to speed?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
As tokey mentions it could be issues with the torrent(s) you've tried as it sounds like you might be working with something with very few seeds available.I'd consider that and make sure you've tried a few different torrents unless you've already done so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Simonj89
Dabbler

Yeah tried several torrents. All very good seed to leech ratio. Strange one this! Climbing to high speeds then stopping completely.
Just to add - Iplayer streaming HD fine and speed test have exceeded my expectations seems to be specific to P2P.
Thanks,
Simon

-Just lost connection then when reconnected everything is running perfectly, not sure if you did something at your end or if its just a coincidence but looking good now. Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Can't see anything done from our side, Let us know if anything changes.