cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Ping Spikes

Kat234

High Ping Spikes

Hello,

I have a problem with ping spikes that happen every minute or 2 while I'm trying to play online games or just browse randomly. Usually the ping is okay, but then it will go up to around 2000ms, stay there for around 30s and then go back down. I'm sure you can imagine that it gets really annoying after a bit. This happens both when using wifi and ethernet and when I am home alone (nobody else is using the connection). I have tried using multiple devices and all of them are experiencing the same problem. I have contacted the Plusnet customer support many times now, they found something to fix every single time, but ultimately it made no difference. I've also tried all the fixes I've been advised to do and went through the troubleshooting steps. I would be very glad if anybody could help me with this/suggest a possible fix or solution. I am attaching a screenshot from the cmd ping function. Thanks a lot! 

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: High Ping Spikes

Hi @Kat234,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing high ping spikes and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Thank you for confirming that you've been through the troubleshooting steps already.

I've not been able to find your account from the details that we have for you on here. Please can you send me your account username over on a private message? If you drop us another message on this thread once you've sent the username over, we'll pick this back up and carry out some tests on your connection from here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Kat234

Hi @EmilyD,

Thanks for your quick reply, I have sent you my username. In addition to the high ping spikes I have been experiencing incredibly low speeds (around 0.5 Mbs) during the last few days. I have spoken to a very helpful lady in the customer services yesterday and she managed to identify a potential problem and sent us a new router to see if it would help as well. I will let you know if this fixes the ping. Thanks a lot!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Kat234, thanks for getting back to us. I can see the router has been added today and should be with you in the next 3 - 5 working days (although it usually arrives a lot sooner).
If you could please let us know how the new router goes and if issues persist there after as we'll be happy to help further if it's needed.

Kat234

Hi @BD,

I have received the new router today and set it up appropriately. After trying it out quickly (playing an online game) I can confirm that the ping issue still persists. I am attaching another screenshot from the cmd ping function (taken today), but it's practically the same thing, although I must say it seems to be less frequent. Thanks for any help!

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi Kat234,

I've looked in to this a bit further and have documented my findings on a ticket on your account. You can view and respond to the ticket here.

Should you have any further problems, please do let us know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team