Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Attenuation & High SNR = continued confusion

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: High Attenuation & High SNR = continued confusion

Quote from: puddy
,,, After all PlusNet  said the line faulty/ operating below an acceptable performance.

They did?  I cannot see that anywhere in the statement you quoted.  Surely for any line there is an acceptable range of performance and if the line falls below that then it is deemed faulty. 
Dexter619
Dabbler

Quote from: Dexter619
Hello again
I waited for the 72 hour period to pass but hours before it was over the connection was lost for probably no more than seconds.. but due to this I presume it has stopped the ip profile going upto 2500kb/s as on bt speedtester it's still telling me 2000kb/s.
Is there anything I can do because since it has reset but only after it has passed nearly 2 days connected... :S I would hope the extra profile speed would make a difference as one minute it's so close to 72 hours and next minute it's disconnected and reconnected again Sad
Thanks,  Declan

Tonight I have used the BT Speedtester and verified the IP Profile up at 2500kb/s but the speed still at 1750kb/s with a sync speed of 2800kb/s. I presume after all of this action the line probably won't get any faster although still within the 10 day learning period still?
What also irritates me slightly off topic is that the government has all this money for rural broadband modernising although still rolling it out in towns... Anyways thanks for the help if my broadband can't physically get any faster in the mean time.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You should see increased speed once Current line speed in the Member Centre updates to match the IP Profile. That should happen automatically within 12 hours of the IP Profile change.
David
Dexter619
Dabbler

Thank you Spraxyt. I have noticed the connection slightly quicker today and just did a couple of tests and around 2.1/2.3 now so better than it was Smiley
Thank you for the help!
lexusuk
Grafter

I've checked your line sync rate, IP profile and our profile for you and all show that the throughput should reach up to 2500kbps.  The BT speed test result you obtained today at 2149kbps fits with the line test results.
Considering the high attenuation on your line (63dB) this is a good result!
Dexter619
Dabbler

Hi Alex,
Well I noticed it was quicker and I just hope the speed stays pretty much stable as in the past I was reaching 2000kb/s but only for minutes and then back down below 1500. So would be pleasing to see it stay above 2000kb/s without too much fluctuation.
Thanks again for your help. Top customer service  Smiley Much appreciated!