cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone, I cannot connect to the Internet from a Windows Vista-based computer. Please help

kokodream1
Dabbler

Hi everyone, I cannot connect to the Internet from a Windows Vista-based computer. Please help

10 REPLIES 10
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Hi everyone, I cannot connect to the Internet from a Windows Vista-based computer. Please help

I'm sorry to hear that.

Can you be a little more specific?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Hi everyone, I cannot connect to the Internet from a Windows Vista-based computer. Please help

Do you have other computers/devices that can connect?

What happens when you try to connect this computer?

How are you connecting, wired or wireless?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kokodream1
Dabbler

There is a message: server DNS address not be found
Network and sharing center : between Unidentified network and Internet has red cross.
Also message : This computer will no longer receive Google Chrome updates because is Windows Vista are no longer supported.

kokodream1
Dabbler

All other devices are O.K.
Thanks

kokodream1
Dabbler

This is my lovely old computer / IBM ThinkPad T60/ which is used from my little boy.

kokodream1
Dabbler

I found, I have to set my proxy settings manually, may I ask you to tell me proxy server settings for Plusnet.
Thanks

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

PN doesn't have any proxy settings.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

kokodream1
Dabbler

I tried  the same yesterday but no results.
Thanks

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Sounds like your firewall could be blocking the connection. You should be able to switch it on in your network connections.