cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again

Joe88
Dabbler

Here we go again

I've been stuck on an insanely slow connection from about 5pm last night,the speed tests i manage to get through show speeds of between 6-60kb's.My router is syncing at 7.3 mb,now i know i wont get that kinda speed but 6kbs ?!?!?!?.I cant conduct the bt test as it takes too long for anything to load,any ideas whats going on ?
10 REPLIES 10
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Here we go again

What does it say on the portal under connection settings -> high speed broadband. This is tiyr IP profile setting and determins your throughput speed.
Has your router resynced lower recently as this may have forced BT to reduce your IP profile and it will take a few days to sort itself out (i.e. get higher again)?
Joe88
Dabbler

My profile is showing as 5.5mb,that is a bit lower it moves between 5-6.5,most recently was 6
James
Grafter

Hi Joe,
Have you tried rebooting your connection?
What speedtest results are you getting from http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk ?
Joe88
Dabbler

Yes i've been continually rebooting my router since last night.Ok just done the speed test on the site you linked to and its showing as 109kbps down and curiously upstream is normal at 382
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you exceeded your monthly bandwidth allowance?  Just a thought …
David
Joe88
Dabbler

Hehe that was my first port of call, to check my usage,i've used about half or thereabouts what i normally use a month
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've run a couple of checks on your line and there's nothing that would suggest why you are seeing those speeds.
As an initial step I would suggest changing your microfilter and ensuring that you are connecting to your master socket.
Joe88
Dabbler

Changed the micro filter and it hasn't made any difference James,done another router reboot too and still nothing,and the speedtest you linked to won't run at all now
James
Grafter

Hi again,
Thanks for letting me know.  Your best bet is to start (and complete) the Broadband Faults Tool, which will then allow us to investigate your problem further and subsequently raise to BT.
http://faults.plus.net
Joe88
Dabbler

I can but try,theres a very strong possibility it won't load all the pages or any tests it asks me to complete