Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again :(

xxandy77xx
Grafter

Re: Here we go again :(

Hi Chris,
It all started with just speed decreases  between 6-10pm  but speeds where all over the place then  some down to 3/4 mb  same with uploads,  but  round 11pmish  everything went back to normal, but was told i had a fault  had an engineer out  no idea what he did,  but as  everything was ok during the day i guess he found nothing.
So back to between 6-10 was still seeing  low speeds so out comes another engineer,  he runs some tests at the master socket   and tells me nothing wrong with line but its the amount of peeps on between these times that`s why you are getting lower speeds. Not sure exactly when since his visit am now stuck on 29mb  no matter what time of the day. Nothing has change at my end apart from trying a new 582 which you have sent me and a new tg589vn v3.
I have disconnected this morning a ran another test just using the BTmodem  and result  is below and just fine so i have no idea what`s wrong.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Which operating system are you using on your PC?
It would be good to see the MTU settings on you r PC when you're connected to the Openreach Modem and also your router - http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5793
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Am using  Windows 8.1.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

H
*Edit*  sorry fat fingers 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Windows 8 should negotiate the correct MTU value, are you able to see what it's set at on your PC with the Router against the Openreach modem?
xxandy77xx
Grafter

forget that last post lol

ok had a look at  the link you sent and made some changes can you take a look if i have done it right, and  if i should of done it.
I have change MTU on pc and router  screenshot below  thanks chris.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have you tried another speed test?
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Hi chris yes have tried another no change , i have also tried a wireless speedtest on laptop now and no change Sad .
xxandy77xx
Grafter

HI,

I`am  really getting fed up with this now,  nothing has been done  and i have technical support saying nothing wrong,  and saying as my last speedtest was ok at 66mb  everything is ok  ( so it looks  like they have  taken no notice of this link like i asked them to)  , as my speed test was done  with just the BT MODEM , am being told the  same thing over and over again.  Now please listen , Tests  are done WIRED  not wireless.  NOTHING else is running. WIRELESS is switched off  speeds are NOT intermittent but ALL the time, speedtest`s are ALWAYS done  here at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ . How many times do i have to repeat myself before SOMEONE LISTENS. This has now  been going on nearly  4 weeks  i think i have given you plenty of time to sort this out , i have tried everything i can think of my end  ( redone pc , bought new router, new wires and two engineers who say  nothing wrong here.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry that this issue is still ongoing. I appreciate that you're frustrated, we're doing our best to help.
To move forward with the investigation there's a couple of things I'd like for you to do:
- Visit http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and run the speed tests including 'Further Diagnostics' at a time when your speeds are low. Once done, let us know. Do not run this speed test again as we'd like a record of the test being run and it reporting low speeds.
- Ensure that you keep the TG589 connected at all times, for consistency. I'm happy to pick this up for you.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Hi Chris,

Thank you, i have left tg589 on now.
2.1 Type VDSL
2.2 Status Up
2.3 Uptime 5 days 0 hours 4 mins 31 secs
2.4 Line Rate (Down / Up) 71357 kbps / 20000 kbps
2.5 Noise Margin (Down / Up) 6.4 dB / 8.2 dB
2.6 Attenuation (Down / Up) 11.3 dB / 4.5 dB
2.7 Power (Down / Up) 12.8 dBm / 6.8 dBm
Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday I had a break  was doing my head in Smiley . I have set a graph back up a noticing packet loss again, my plusnet profile is higher again than my bt  profile since last sync, also i did mess on with  my MTU settings  could either of those cause loss,  so if you could let me know if i need to change it back to what it was as am not sure on that thanks.
Andy....

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning.
Those router stats are looking fine - I can't see a problem with them. I assume at this time your speeds are fine?
Let's leave the setup exactly how it is for now and see how things get on.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Hi chris,
I  dont really want to say anything case something goes wrong lol ,  but yes everything seems to be running ok  fingers crossed.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good stuff - if you could leave things as they are at the moment, we'll continue to monitor things Smiley