Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again!!!

bez
Grafter

Re: Here we go again!!!

Yeah, ive raised the "fault"
as usual post 6pm and i seem to have lost 50mb+ of my fibre speed

for some reason the speedtest wouldnt let me upload tonights test, kept going straight thru to the tap3 test, bypassing the upload to the server...
Justin7
Grafter

I'd be interested to hear what the outcome of your fault is. My fibre connection always returns max speeds off peak but at peak time drops from 70mb and 13 ping down to 15 mb and 90 ping.  I have raised a ticket before but it is difficult when you have to jump through many problem solving steps at peak time after work I kinda gave up. And the pro add on made it no better, maybe worse.
bez
Grafter

22:49
21/10/13

00:00
22/10/13

just over an hour later and im back to full speed ahoy
bez
Grafter

Quote from: Justin7
I'd be interested to hear what the outcome of your fault is. My fibre connection always returns max speeds off peak but at peak time drops from 70mb and 13 ping down to 15 mb and 90 ping.  I have raised a ticket before but it is difficult when you have to jump through many problem solving steps at peak time after work I kinda gave up. And the pro add on made it no better, maybe worse.

Yeah this has been going on for a LONG time for me......mine goes from 67mb off peak down to as low as 4mb during peak times, returning to 67mb post midnight. I also had the pro addon and this made no difference at all.
I notice that the tests for bt speedtest show what is acceptable for your line and mine falls WELL short during peak times, which i guess makes that UNACCEPTABLE  Wink
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Justin7
I know you raised a fault in August but we'd need another fault raising to look into this - http://faults.plus.net
@bez
Our faults team should be picking your ticket up soon.

On both exchanges there's no reported capacity issues.