Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping me understand my Stats

chrisoldinho
Grafter

Helping me understand my Stats

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Plusnet Pro, having been an AOL (LLU) customer prehand. Previously with AOL I synced at 28000 kbps/3200.
When I first connected to Plus net I got 2800, however stupidly as I couldn't decide where I wanted to put the router I switched it on and off a number of times in quick succession. The result seems to be a lowly 1500 kbps at best, sometimes much worse.
My results are as follows:
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:09:43
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 1,572
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 30.0 / 53.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 14.0 / 9.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 22 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 12 / 862
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 12 / 93
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 12 / 87
Up time isn't that long however prior to this it has been on for about 9 hours straight.
I've run the BT checker and also the PN one. Is there anything I can do to help it sync again back at the 2800 it originally did as otherwise downstream would appear worse than with my OLD ISP?
Thanks, Chris.
12 REPLIES 12
newthing
Grafter

Re: Helping me understand my Stats

Hi chris
Time may be the healer in this case
connect, leave on for 3 , 6 days or a week even.
depending on the quality of the line during this time
the exchange management equipment puts speeds up
  based on stability.
No need to disconnect, quite the opposite.
Xchange equipment sees disconnects as faults
and tries lower speeds to correct the problem it thinks is occuring.

T.
scootie
Grafter

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:  440 / 1,572
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:  14.0 / 9.5
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:  12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:  30.0 / 53.0

is that a banded sync there? seems very low sync rate for a 53db atten line.
my pn 21cn line use to sync at roughly 3500kbps at a 12db NM
you might also want to ask for your upsync to be uncapped if your on pro or preminum/ extra (for new orders this is normal and you have to ask for the extra upsync)
whats your wiring setup like (be as detailed as you can)
edit. looking at the banded profiles list below it osent appear to be a banded profile
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/dynamic-line-management-dlm-on-adsl2/
HaydnExport
Grafter

Sorry to butt in, but what do you mean for your upload to be uncapped asbo? 
scootie
Grafter

on adsl2+ (21cn) if your on the preminum/extra or pro package on adsl2+ when your line is shifted over your placed on a capped upsync 448kbps (this is because PN reckon it can cause downsync speed issues, this is true in a handful of cases), if you want the extra upsync you need to request it to be uncapped.
@ any one. where the hell is a ticket for requesting the upsync to be uncapped
HaydnExport
Grafter

Ahh , 21cn.  Was wondering if i was paying for max premium for no reason lol
chrisoldinho
Grafter

Hi all, Still really unhappy with my speeds still. currently downloading at 90kb/sec compared with 270kb/sec with AOL (LLU).
Seems to take about 10 minutes+ to get into any online lobby on my 360 (COD MW2). I'm just really hacked off to be honest...
When it first sync'd it connected at 2800kbps (perfectly happy with this and the line is clearly capable of this) but now it struggles to connect above 1700kbps on downstream when with AOL it was consistently around the 3000kbps markat (again another indicator my line is 100% fine with this given it ran at this for 24 months)...
Im at a loss as what to do, I rang PN tech support last night and was told the max BT can support on my line is 1mb. This is 1/3rd of what I was getting before and I cannot see how it can decrease by so much, a bit yes because im not with an LLu provide (maybe 0.3mb) but not by this much.
going back a few years when i was with sky (bt at the exchange) i was  getting 2500kbps downstream also.
any help here please as i'm desperate to get things working as they previously did and all the pointers are that im going to have a 12 month contract with a hideous connection and much worse than before...
Thanks, Chris.
chrisoldinho
Grafter

and now for the bt test...oh dear, it's painful.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 788 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 200-1000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1728 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 12.69:22.97:64.34 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
chrisoldinho
Grafter

ok more stats to post. just run now...
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 3:26:07
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 1,728
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 13.0 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 30.0 / 53.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 17.5 / 9.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 352
CRC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 21
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 16
i did reboot the router this morning to see if i could get the router to sync faster as noticed it hadn't changed in over 1 day.
i expect things to improve slightly as it is now 200kbps better after resyncing than yesterday but ideally i want to be seeing somewhere close to what i was getting before..
error counts seem pretty low (looking at some other peoples in this forum). is it possible to get my line speed increased or have the target noise margin reduced down to say 6db?
chrisoldinho
Grafter

Just a quick update. been on the phone to tech support this morning and have to wait for the DLM to finish which should be by Monday next week.
Still haven't seen any speed improvement. Just wish I could restart the DLM re-training all over again as it's my fault its running at this speed (turning router on/off lots).
Thanks
Hary
Grafter

If the OP is on adsl2+ then I wonder if this is correct  DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITU_G.992.5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Presumably the line is too noisy for the higher ADSL2+ frequencies to contribute so an ADSL2 (G.992.3 annex A) connection has been negotiated.
David
chrisoldinho
Grafter

hi all, still struggling with my connection. synopsis of the problem.
My IP profile is 1.5MB, downstream is now 1800kbps. I can barely play any online game which is the entire point of me switching to the pro package with PN - unsure why its so bad to be honest as even 1.5MB should be quick?
Expected rate at signup was a 2MB connection and im not far off that however in reality even 2MB is much less than I got with my previous LLU provider AOL that reguarly sync'd at 3000kbps and never ever below 2500kbps. I also got around 250kb/sec transfer rates compared with current transfer rates of 80kb/sec.
I don't want to use any explitives here but really my connection is absolutely terrible and it really aggrovates me, I know to an extent PN can't do much as it's controlled by BT but is there any possibility of having the training period reset as when I first connected to you I got 2800kbps, which decreased quickly after I rebooted the router a couple of times (stupid of me I know). I know the line is capable of this speed and just want to try one more time re-training at this speed.
Regards,
Chris.