cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!!!

Trevjo

Help!!!!!

Hi guys + gals,
Im not going to sit here and pretend i know what i am talking about when i dont so just to keep things in simple terms, has anyone been having any speed issues recently up in Scotland?
I am based in the IV12 5TN area and my speed which wasnt great anyway has dropped considerably over the last few days. Im having to wait an eternity for pages to load, if the page has pictures on it then basically im going making a cuppa before the darn thing has loaded the page up.
Download speeds have decreased rapidly.
This has all happened since around Monday .
I have tried resetting the router, which is the Thomson TG585 v7 running on software release 8.2.6.5.
Im at a total loss to explain it and have never known it to be so slow. Im just wondering if anyone knows of any problems with the local exchange for the IV12 area?
If not i guess ill have to give the customer services a ring tomorrow.
Thanks in advance every1..........
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Help!!!!!

You need to quantify what you mean by slow... What speeds were you getting and are now getting? Is this wired or wireless... if wireless, what speeds do you get wired?
What are your router line stats?
What does the bt speedtest show you
What is your plusnet IP profile found under connection settings->high speed broadband on the member centre.
Then we can try to determine the problem.
As for your exchange, I have no idea.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help!!!!!

Hi Trevjo,
I've just ran some checks for you and I reckon we should be able to improve things on your line. I'd need some more information though. So, can you tell me how your equipment is set up. Are you using any extension cables/sockets? Do you have a test socket?
Jojo Smiley