cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

ianbuck

Help

I have an ongoing problem no one seems to be able to correct yet with my ADSL broadband. A ticket was raised on 09/11 and has been live ever since.
I have had a BT engineer round, he checked out the line, remade the connections in the cabinet and my download data rate has been steady at about 4264 every time I check it with my router.
My connection is continually dropping, SNR is between 3 and 0.-2, CRC up to 42000, sorry I cannot paste any findings, I am writing this in notepad between drop outs.
To cut a long story short, in desperation I ordered fibre which is due in 1 week, can someone tell me, will this cure the problem?  
The BT guy says there is NO line fault between my house and the cabinet that shows on his JDSU.  Undecided  Undecided
4 REPLIES 4
ianbuck

Re: Help

Plusnet finally sent out another BT engineer, This guy was brill, he found a line fault 92 metres down the line, fixed it and instead of my CRC count being in the thousands within a couple of hours it's now been 361 in 2 days and my SNR is around 6.
So getting fibre would not have cured the problem as the first engineer suggested, because the fault was a duff connector which wouldn't have cured itself.
Fingers crossed that's the end of it and I can look forward to fibre speeds.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ian,
Good to learn that you got your problem faxed with only two BTOR visits.  The sad thing here is the bad advice from the first engineer and that they did not find the fault on the first visit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

Glad you got it sorted Smiley
I'm a bit surprised that nobody replied to your post on here though.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI ianbuck,
Really sorry we didn't come back to you on this, but very glad to hear it's sorted out - I promise if you post back with anything we can help with we'll be more on the ball.