cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with new install and loss of speed/disconnects

maria92

Help with new install and loss of speed/disconnects

Hello, on 17th april got Fibre activated, first couple of day;s it was fine running at 55 mbps,
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3440268282
but  over the week's it has gotten worse and dc's randomly, and now its at

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
3.43 Mbps

0 Mbps 23.76 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.43 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 19.01 Mbps-23.76 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 23.76 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
6.08 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.08Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
also frequent disconnections,hopefully someone can check the line to see if there is fault,
EDIT: i have just checked the phone line again, and the line is very noisy, alot of crackling.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with new install and loss of speed/disconnects

Hi 'maria92',  and welcome to the forum  Smiley
Try reading through these guides - Connection troubleshooting - Plusnet Fibre and Speed troubleshooting - Plusnet Fibre
but to be honest, if I were you, I would follow the Plusnet Brooadband Troubleshooter,  as this will collect all the information the fault investigation engineers require before they can help you - when they return to work on Tuesday.
Now you are on the forum, keep asking questions as there is always someone that will make a helpful suggestion  Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: maria92
EDIT: i have just checked the phone line again, and the line is very noisy, alot of crackling.

You MUST get that noise fixed BEFORE trying to resolve broadband related problems !.
Is your PHONE service with Plusnet or another provider ?
You need to contact your phone service provider and report a noisy line, BUT if your phone service is NOT with Plusnet then don't mention that it is causing a broadband problem - as it is common for the phone provider to suddenly become uninterested in fixing the fault and blame your broadband provider (and vice-versa).
maria92

Hello, my phone provider is plus net, and have used the broadband troubleshooter, hopefully when they are back this problem will be fixed,
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps you should also login to your account and Report a Telephone Fault, and answer the questions on that page.
roblightbody
Dabbler

Speaking from experience, until your phone line is completely clear (in all weathers), there's no point trying anything else.
I had 72mb+ for 2 years, until 5 weeks ago when my phone line started to crackle, now the line won't even stay up reliably, especially when its wet and windy.