cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Question #87963385

scuda
Grafter

Help with Question #87963385

Would someone at Plusnet have a look at my question #87963385, please?
I am not happy with the state that the BT engineer left the external telephone cable. Explanation below:

This added to Question #87963385 on 7the Aug, also attached three photos:-
Good afternoon,
The openreach engineer came as planned on 4th August, and installed Fibre Broadband, which works fine. However, the engineer had to do some external cable work and I am not at all happy with the way the external cable has been left. If you look at the three photos attached, you will see that the cable emerges from underground about 50cm from the wall, then goes at 45 degrees to meet the wall at 65cm height, then to a junction box. I am certain that this diagonal section of cable presents a dangerous situation to both my family and any workmen we employ. It certainly is a trip hazard, and shows BT workmanship to be below what is expected.
I would like to see this cable re-wired to run horizontally to the wall, in order to remove the hazard.
Would you please arrange this?
----end----
Could this be sorted, please?

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Help with Question #87963385

Hi scuda,
Sorry about this, I've raised a complaint with Openreach and will keep you posted of any updates I receive.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scuda
Grafter

Thanks Adam, hope it's soon sorted.
Scuda
dick:quote
scuda
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Your last update was:-
"I've received an email from Openreach in acknowledgement of the complaint I raised earlier today, the reference for this is 4674594."

Any idea what happens now?
Can you arrange for BT to send an engineer to complete the work?

scuda
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi scuda,
That's what we're steering towards yes.
I'm expecting a further response about the complaint with a proposed plan and timescale for this. This can take a number of days to be followed up, historically I've had responses to these within 10 days usually.
I'll let you know as soon as I get an update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scuda
Grafter

For the attention of Adam Walker:
A BT engineer called unexpectedly this afternoon, and re-wired the cable so that it no longer is a problem.
Thanks for your cooperation in getting this job done properly.
scuda

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Adam wrote:

I'm expecting a further response about the complaint with a proposed plan and timescale for this. This can take a number of days to be followed up, historically I've had responses to these within 10 days usually.
I'll let you know as soon as I get an update.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scuda
Thanks for letting us know that this has been fixed, surprisingly we haven't heard anything back from the supplier about the engineer being despatched but we're glad to hear all is well.
I'll be sure to pass your message on to Adam Walker