cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with PS3 Gaming

weeksuk

Help with PS3 Gaming

Hi,
can anyone help. I have a ps3 and all online gaming works fine apart from Tiger Woods 07. I have followed th eport forwarding instructions in the manual but still no joy,. After various emails to EA they game me a list of further ports to open, still no joy. Set my router to DMZ still no joy.
Ea then said it was my ISP's faul not theirs, i have been on the phone to Plus and they advise me that all ports that EA list are open and on priority, they say it must be a fault with EA.
Can anyone shed any light on this????
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help with PS3 Gaming

Try sending in a ticket through the official path:
Help and support wizard -> My Broadband Connection -> Broadband Gaming -> Adding a game to our traffic management system
If you include the name of the game, an IP (if possible) of one of the servers and all the ports you have been advised to forward and we'll see if there's any discrepancy for you.
weeksuk

Quote from: orbrey
Try sending in a ticket through the official path:
Help and support wizard -> My Broadband Connection -> Broadband Gaming -> Adding a game to our traffic management system
If you include the name of the game, an IP (if possible) of one of the servers and all the ports you have been advised to forward and we'll see if there's any discrepancy for you.

yeah i have just done that over the phone and was advised that ports listed were open.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd say it would still be worth raising a ticket, just because us in the CSC don't have access to the ellacoya tables. If you put all the ports etc into the ticket this will actually go through to our networks team who specify the servers and we can confirm that everything is open properly. That way either the game will start to work, or you can go back to EA and state categorically that this is not an issue with your ISP.
Hope this helps,
weeksuk

Ok thanks, have done what you suggested using the adding a game to our traffic management section.
Hopefully you will be able to get to the bottom of this for me.
Cheeers
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
I've replied to the ticket, if you can get a wireshark grab of the traffic that would be very helpful in checking what's happening here.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology