cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Line Profile Reset, please

NGNet
Grafter

Help with Line Profile Reset, please

Could I get some help with getting the DLM profile reset on my line, following a successful visit by an engineer who cleared a long-standing intermittent noisy line fault, please?
The fault [now cleared] appears to have resulted in the line being banded as it now always sync's at 288kbps - with a downstream SNR margin of 23db.
Despite two phone calls to CSC, 10 days later there is still no action from PN. 
Ticket numbers 80490759 and 80835358.
Thanks, Nick
13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Help with Line Profile Reset, please

I'm having problems accessing the tool we use for SNR resets at the moment, so leave this with us and we'll try again later. 
*edit* seems to be working for me now, will get this placed asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

That's been submitted and seems to have gone through. We'll reply to the tickets on your account too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NGNet
Grafter

Thanks for your help, Chris.  Much appreciated.
Nick
*edit*
11:33 - Line has reset and now syn'ing at 8Mbps;  thanks again Smiley
Chris
Legend

All sorted, if you don't see an immediate speed increase you might need to log in to the router and disconnect/reconnect. The line is now syncing at over 8Mb again.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Chris,
Forgive me poking my nose in, but I'm going to pre-empt the next potential concern - IP profile change.  Is this now fully functioning automatically or might this user need manual intervention to get the best data transfer out their improved synch rate?
@NgNet,
Would be good to see your FULL router stats, just to confirm that all is as best as it might be!
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The IP Profile will automagically update itself Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
I know it should automatically update however there have been issues with the automated process - are they all fixed?  I have noted that there are still manual interventions taking place...  Undecided
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

I'd already manually set this one to 88.2% of the new sync rate from a line test I did. So not quite automagically, but the updated scripts should roll live next week.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
I just read and was going to point you to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123498.msg1071992.html#msg1071992 and say I thought (told you?) so...  Wink
Now I read WITH GREATER CARE I realise that in your response above I mistook automagically for automatically which was sloppy of me.  Roll_eyes
In other words, having fixed the SNR issue you also automatically and with the magic of manual intervention also fixed the IP profile at the same time.  I really must learn to a better job of reading.

Cheers,
Kevin

Chris
Legend

I think Chris (the other one) is enjoying confusing people.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah - apologies.
The IP Profile or better known as the CVLAN Rate is set automatically by BT - I thought you were referring to this.
As Chris (hehe) has mentioned, our internal profile has been updated by him at the time of the reset.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
Have I been sloppy with terms?
Is there a more correct term for PN's internal profile which needs to reflect BT's IP profile?
Quote from: Chris
...but the updated scripts should roll live next week.

Does this mean that the problems with automatic updating are now resolved?
Cheers,
Kevin

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's right Smiley