cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! upload speed of 0.36 on all channels

josievallely

Help! upload speed of 0.36 on all channels

I need help from Plusnet re my broadband speed. I have been on hold on the line for half an hour.

I have run speed tests with no other computers online, on all channels, and am getting a maximum of 0.32 upload speed and 0.90 download speed. This has been going on for months and I have tried loads of different channels, turning all computers off except one in the house, plugging in directly via cables, everything.

It is well below our guaranteed minimum speed of 2.5 mbps

1. how do we increase our speed?

2. how to we get compensation for this terrible service which has put my business in jeopardy and has prevented us from using a service we are paying for?

3. how do I cancel my account without having to pay cancellation fees

Please help, many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Help! upload speed of 0.36 on all channels

@josievallely wrote:

2. how to we get compensation for this terrible service which has put my business in jeopardy 

Apart from it being against the Plusnet terms and conditions it's a false economy to use a budget residential service if your business depends on broadband.

Plusnet offer a business service where you will get a higher priority service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@josievallely

What does the DSL Checker say for your phone number (can you post an image remembering to erase the phone number)?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Does the following offer any hope for faster speeds

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do

Brian

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @josievallely,

I've taken a look into the issue that you are currently experiencing and I can see that the speeds appear to be running fine from our end of things, with a current downstream sync speed of 4.1Mbps and an upstream sync speed of 0.4Mbps going into the property. Taking a look at the estimated speed range you should be receiving, this all appears to be within the range of what we should expect you to be able to achieve though I can see that your current SNR Margin is set a little too high so I have placed an order to change this now, which should hopefully improve things on your side.

To address your questions:

1. Beyond what I have done as described above, there's not much more we can do from our side at the moment, however if your throughput speeds are lower than the sync speeds that we're seeing on our testing then I'd recommend getting a wired connection setup between a device and your router and going to the following site to run a speed test.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If the results you receive are lower than the estimates then please continue to run further diagnostics and provide the information requested on the next page. This will send the results through to us so that we can investigate the issue further as a fault.

2. I'm afraid that we can't offer any compensation for any loss of earnings that any issues with our services may have caused you, however if a fault is discovered and raised we will of course refund you for the services affected for the duration of the fault investigation.

3. I'm afraid that any cancellation fees that may be associated with your contract would currently stand.

I hope that this helps and please let us know how the speed test goes and if you continue to experience any issues please follow the above request and let us know once you've been able to carry it out so we can continue to investigate the issue further as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
josievallely

@TheMightyAJ

Thanks for looking into it thats fab. I will do a wired up speed test and get back to you. Thanks!

Josie