cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required can't login to router

stephenentecott
Dabbler

Re: Help required can't login to router

It does have it's own interface as i could get to it last week.
All you had to do was type 192.168.1.1 into the browser and off it went. Huh Huh
At work for time being so can't do anything right now.
Will the link you sent me help to achive a static IP and port forwarding but just not via the router?
If so do i just follow With a public IP-range subnet (No-NAT service) Have not used TELNET before.
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The link I gave indicates the router does not have a web interface but the portforward website suggests it does so I am confused.
What PlusNet product are you on as only certain ones have a static IP? The legacy product PAYG and premier have a static IP, BB+ does not. The new BBYW products have a dynamic IP although if you changed from a legacy product that did have a static IP you can request a static IP to be used. You do this via a ticket.
You should be able to do everything via telnet although not necessarily as easy. Can you check that this works.
The only other suggestion is to reset the router back to its factory default settings but that may mean you can't use it if the web interface still does not work. You will have to use the telnet interface then to reconfigure it.
stephenentecott
Dabbler

Am on Broadband Prem option 1
Spoke to a guy at work about it and he thinks it might be because i set up a static ip before i installed XP that the IP for the router might have changed possibly to 192.168.1.2
failing that i will re-install the zyxel disk, set up the LAN again and try accessing the interface that way.
Failing that further i will try telnet!
Will keep you posted Peter! Wink
I know it does have it's own interface, the instructions from portforward.com are the ones i'm using too.
Thanks
Steve
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The router must be on 192.168.1.1 as that is the default gateway you are using. A telnet to that IP will prove this.
I'm wondering if the web interface has somehow been disabled so does not respond to port 80 connections. A factory reset should sort that out - and the routers default ip is 192.168.1.1 as far as I know.
stephenentecott
Dabbler

How would i do a factory reset?
James
Grafter

There should be a pin sized hole in the back of your router.  Hold this down for 10-15 second and this should perform a factory reset.
stephenentecott
Dabbler

Success!
IP login was 192.168.1.1:81
Thanks for all your help
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin