Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on behalf of new PN customer - Can't connect

zoomclub
Grafter

Help on behalf of new PN customer - Can't connect

Hi - Quick request on behalf of my Dad - who I've referred to PN BBYW Option1 -
He's had hardware,  & notification that BB has been activated - 3-4 days ago, but has never been able to connect. The router - BT Voyager 210 - has Pwr & DSL - both solid green, and USB intermittent as should be - but no Internet light at all.
He's been through all the setup procedures in the Setup guide - configuring Windows - He is still running ME - Don't know if there's any specific prob's with this OS! - tried restarting laptop, resetting router to default, & making sure LAN Settings are set to Auto' Detect.
Also tried using different m/filters - just in case - and connected to master tel sckt in house - Have checked Exchange Status is all OK, and Line is activated , and is able to use old dialup conn' ok.
On going to Voyager.home page enters Username and Pwd, but clicking Connect just produces pause and then reloads same page with no connection. Have checked he's made sure that the login U/name & pwd are formatted correctly etc - which he swears he has done!
Hoping there's a simple solution to this one - He's signed up after my glowing recommendation re the merits of PN over BT! Roll_eyes
Many thanks
Pete
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Help on behalf of new PN customer - Can't connect

My first guess would be that he hasn't actually entered the login name with the domain correctly. If you login to the portal as him and go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=refresh_browser you can check exactly how it should be and make sure that is what he has.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Hi Pete,
You're welcome to PM me your Dad's username.
But as Jelv has suggested, do make sure that he is trying to connect using the username as username@plusdsl.net
zoomclub
Grafter

Big Thanks to both you guys for the swift responses - Ah, hmm - Have now got him connected - apparently had read the "dsl" as dsi"! - Was using a low quality printout of the PN email!
I dunno -  customers eh! - Who'd have 'em?  Grin
Pete
James
Grafter

Smiley
That's a nice alternative to the ds1 that we normally get!