cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!!

gemma074
Dabbler

Help Please!!

So since the morning of Friday the 28th, I have had no internet and no dial tone on my home phone. My broadband light on the router is flashing, the internet light is off completely and when I try calling my home phome from my mobile, I am greeted by four beeps, a user-busy messages on the display then cuts me off.

According to the Plusnet service checker their broadband service is fine but that wouldnt affect the homephone anyway.
I have tried looking online to see if their is any info regarding any issues with BT lines but other than basic info on the DownDetector website, i'm not finding anything. I have tried calling Plusnet to see if they can shed any light on whats going on but I waited 30mins before getting cut off only to be told on the next attempt there was an hours que time for my call to be answered.

At this point, i'd just like to know if its an issue with my line directly or if its an issue with BT on a larger scale!

Any help or info would be much apprciated. I'm in the Romford/Hornchurch, Essex area.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

8 REPLIES 8
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Help Please!!

If you've got no dial tone then firstly raise a phone fault. There is a on-line BT checker where you put your landline number in (can't remember the link, someone may know) and if the test fails it will automatically send out an engineer.

I had to do this twice, and luckily BT fixed it within a day or two.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Have a look here.

It links to phone troubleshooter under the no dialtone section but I can't try that myself as my phoneline is with BT.

gemma074
Dabbler

Who do I raise the fault with? I spoke to BT and they say its either BT Openreach or Plusnet I need to talk too. Openreach i cant seem to find how to talk to anyone and Plusnet simply dont answer. When I use the online BT line checker, its telling me i'm not entering in a valid BT number.
My phone bill is with Southern Electric but their website is useless too. I'm starting to get annoyed as i'm not getting anywhere fast.
gemma074
Dabbler

I have a BT landline but my contract and homephone service provider is Southern Electric.
Their website is useless.
Browni
Aspiring Hero

As you pay your phone bill to Southern Electric it's them you need to contact about phone faults.
I found this which may be of help.
https://sse.co.uk/help/phone-and-broadband/phone-faults#item1
gemma074
Dabbler

Ah, i've already done that with SE but as usual are taking their time with replying.

Thankyou
Browni
Aspiring Hero

Best of luck!
I've only dealt with them once when they sent me a gas bill, problem was I was with British Gas at the time Grin
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29